Rumour – Sony to announce 500Gb PS3 Move bundle

Monday, 14th June 2010 04:23 GMT By Johnny Cullen

move

Sony is set to announce a 500Gb PlayStation 3 hardware bundle that includes PlayStation Move, according to CVG.

The bundle is one of two set to be announced by the first-party during its presser on Tuesday UK time – a 250Gb bundle is also planned.

The new hardware would also come with 802.11n wi-fi cards, providing a much faster wireless connection between your wireless router and PS3 if you have a 802.11n compatiable router. Current PS3 SKUs have 802.11 b/g cards, which is slower.

Sony said back in March during its Move-specific press conference at GDC that it will have a hardware bundle for the motion controller, as well as a PlayStation Move/Eye combo for under $100.

All will be revealed on Tuesday. Get the lowdown on SCEA’s press conference here.

1. ExclusivesMostly

I knew it. Now for the price I’m thinking $449 for the 500GB Move Bundle and $399 for the 250GB one. Sony could also surprise us by taking $50 more off each of my estimates which would definately make them more attractive. Ofcourse that would mean a price cut for current models and essentially getting Move free, so not very likely to happen.

2. frostquake

Just added a 500 Gig Hard Drive to my PS3, replaced that wimpy 60 gig…OMG I love my new Hard Drive, but let me tell you Sony is a FUCKING MORON. The screws were stripped in my Hard Drive, and Yes I bought it New, the screws had been screwed in so hard by that 3 year old Chinese child, they even bent the hard drive cage. Called up Sony with credit card to buy new Hard Drive Cage..TAA DAA Sony doesn’t sell the part nor will they tell you where to buy one as they don’t support the Hard Drive Cage. Finding one was as Hard as Trying to Lick Your Elbow…IMPOSSIBLE!!!
    Had to Buy a Used one off of EBAY….Had to buy 2 cages as the First one was shipped with Stripped Screws and the Second one was shipped rusted!!! so between the two was able to install my new 500 Gig Hard Drive! Love it but what a PAIN in the ASS for Sony not to sell or tell you where to buy the Hard Drive Cage or Screws….

3. Kaufer

@frostquake
    Where do buy a NEW 60Gb PS3 nowadays?

4. frostquake

LOL…
    @Kaufer…You buy it Day one on Release when Dinosaurs roamed the earth. I bought that one specifically for the PS2 Compatibility as I have around 200 PS2 Games still. The problem with a 60 Gig Hard Drive it fills up quickly when you buy games and movies…so just bought a 500 Gig Hard Drive. The hardest part was getting the Hard Drive Cage…they used Soft head screws on the Hard Drives, and if the factory didn’t strip them you almost certainly will even using the right tools…But once the 500 Gig was in was smooth as melted ice cream!! I am LOVING it now…just wished I could have afforded the Terabyte Hard Drive…But I am enjoying my 500 immensely.

5. The_Deleted

Got a 500GB for mine too. So much easier.

6. onlineatron

Why on earth would you need a 500gb HDD?

Wait…

7. DrDamn

PlayTV and PlayTV2 make a 500Gb HD very useful. Particularly with HD broadcasts for PlayTV2.