GO FOR LAUNCH – E3 conference timings, liveblog details, pant-shitting news

Monday, 7th June 2010 09:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

launch

Get your towels ready. E3 kicks off on Sunday with Microsoft’s Natal Experience, before plunging headlong into an orgy of motherfucking gaming news, motherfucker. We’re as ready as we’ll ever be. Time for you to get up to speed.

We running this: let’s go. Hit the link for final timings on VG247′s press conference coverage. In triplicate.

Silo Sunday, June 13

Microsoft’s Natal Experience – 7.00pm PST, 3am BST, 4am CET Microsoft isn’t allowing any recording equipment in here at all, but we’ll have two people on-site. If there’s any news, we’ll get it out. Don’t be gigantically shocked if we get a rebranding and a date, although there’s a good chance Microsoft will save over retail info for its main conference the following day.

Megaton Monday, June 14

Microsoft – 10.00am PST, 6pm BST, 7pm CET The gaming world will hit DEFCON 1 in LA’s morning on June 14, when Microsoft’s bosses take to the E3 stage for the show’s proper start. Do not blink. Both myself and Nathan will be liveblogging this and posting photos, and we’ll have a full-team on-hand in both the US and UK for “news management”. There are likely to be some very big shocks, with a possible Slim reveal just one of many possible web-melters. We’ll bring you details of all the video streams nearer the time.

EA – 2.00pm PST, 10pm BST, 11pm CET Again, both Nathan and I will be in this shooting back text and images. Criterion’s Need for Speed could well air for the first time here, and you can expect fresh media on Medal of Honor, Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Star Wars: The Old Republic and tons more. Mass Effect 3? Don’t bet against it.

Ubi – 5.00pm PST, 1am BST, 2am CET We’ll have full coverage again. Driver, Ghost Recon, Assassin’s Creed and more make this an essential view, even if it takes place at 1.00am UK. If the wife complains, explain how important a place games news occupies in her life. Tell the kids, too. Just don’t tell the divorce lawyer.

Tectonic Tuesday, June 15

Nintendo – 9.00am PST, 5.00pm BST, 6pm CET This, to be frank, is going to be fucking mental. Nintendo’s already confirmed it’s to show 3DS and the next main Zelda game here, and those two announcements alone will be enough to have our tech guys dropping their phones down the toilet. We’ll have the full team on hand for this, and, again, we’ll being you all the details of video streams in good time. To reiterate, this will contain a Nintendo hardware reveal – don’t miss it.

Sony – 12.00pm PST, 8.00pm BST, 9.00pm CET The nukes will be fucking carpet-bombing by this point, and you’d have to be a grade-A simpleton to miss anything Sony has to say. Move, 3D, GT5, inFamous 2, LBP2, Last Guardian, Killzone 3 – it’s a multiple warhead assault straight up your fucking asshole. God only knows what we haven’t seen yet. Agent? GTA V? PSP2? Nathan’s interviewing Mikami while this is on, so there’s only me in here with three staff off-site in the US and UK, but I’m more than man enough to do the job of two. I am literally two men. We’ll bring you all the stream news later in the week.

Miyamoto event – 7.00pm PST, 3.00am BST, 4.00am CET Nintendo’s dev hero did a similar event last year, and considering we will have seen 3DS and the new Zelda earlier in the day this makes it an essential factory for weapons-grade plutonium manufacture. We’ll be in the audience wearing NBC suits to stave off the fallout from the previous two days for this, but if there’s news it’ll be on VG247.

White-out Wednesday, June 16

Konami – 1.00pm PST, 9.00pm BST, 10.00pm CET This is being streamed directly from Konami’s site, and both Nathan and I were booked for this time weeks ago, so we’re not going to have anyone in the crowd. Steph, Johnny and Joe will be on this like rabid, nuclear wolves, though. Metal Gear: Rising and Castlevania are certs, so be sure to be watching VG247 for all the news at it happens.

It goes without saying that we’re going to have the best E3 news coverage on the internet next week, so keep it locked for extensive details on all the news, games, cock-waving, buy-outs, launches and exec interviews and everything else from LA. We’ll have it all or die trying.

1. Raining_Upwards

That sure is a lot of motherfucking.

Looking forward to it.

2. NGCes26294BIV

Can’t wait.

Would like to see some single player stuff from Halo: Reach.

A HL2: Episode 3 announcement would be good, too.

3. Blerk

I’m back from my travels and 100% ready for E3! Yeah!

Only….. about 4000 RSS feed entries to get through and I’ll be up to date with everything I missed last week. :-|

4. Patrick Garratt

Can’t believe I’m leaving for LA on Thursday. Very pumped.

5. Detale

I’ve just realised I’ve actually got next week booked off work. Now if only I could get out to LA…

And you’ve got Wednesday’s date as the 15th when it should be the 16th.

6. mington

I had assumed E3 ran Fri-Sun. oppsy /sad face

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups. I’ve just added another 10 gamer years (they’re like dog years but a lot shorter) to my wait.

Thats how Hero from heroes freezes time, he closes his eyes and thinks of E3

7. mington

@4 remember to pack your stab proof vest

8. mington

oh, and your nappies :D

9. Patrick Garratt

@5 – Whoops. Changed it. Ta.

10. Patrick Garratt

@7/9 – I laugh in the face of knife crime and toilet accidents.

11. tezzer1985

Nice..going to have to watch the World Cup, and look at my lappy for a couple of the conferences..lets hope your coverage goes to plan..vg247 is my main gaming news feed

12. Pytox

Nintendo’s conference gonna be 2 full hours :D

13. The Hindle

Oh man so close now, Pat will you be doing one of those community ask a question features you do?

14. Redh3lix

I better not be motherfucking dissapoint.

15. Joe Anderson

I’m so excited I may just wet myself.

16. NGCes26294BIV

“I better not be motherfucking dissapoint.”

…ed

17. The Hindle

@15 i already have wet myself :(

18. Johnny Cullen

I’m disappointed now the England vs US game in the World Cup avoids E3.

That would have been fucking hilarious.

19. mington

I’m holding my bladder until the bayonetta 2 teaser trailer, then i’ll probably piss, shit and throw up at the same time; naturally.

20. AHA-Lambda

bst is the same as gmt right?

21. mington

British standard time = Greenwich mean time
    One and the same dear Watson

22. Stefan1904

Isn’t the Sony press conference at 11:30am PST? That would be 7:30pm GMT.

23. mington

scrub that, BST means British summer time

i just invented an acronym

24. Fin

BST is GMT+1, but it’s the time zone we’re in now.

25. mington

In all honesty, i’m not too fussed about the precise timings, i’ll probably miss them anyways as i’ll be racing motor cycles whilst having sex or something equally as badass n cool

26. Blerk

At least all the platform conferences are on at decent times this year.

27. Patrick Garratt

@22 – It’s 12.00pm PST. They sent out an update on May 14 changing the time, presumably because it was too close to Nintendo.

28. AHA-Lambda

btw is there any way to watch the natal conference? I heard spike is streaming it but is that a US only thing?

29. Erthazus

@28 Gametrailers.com + youtube is your best friends.

30. Johnny Cullen

AHA – GT will “apparently” stream it live, but they have the date down as June 15 at 3:30pm EST.

As for if it’ll be US only, I doubt it.

31. No_PUDding

Gamespot always stream the big 3 conferences.

How exciting. So glad it lands on my days off! How lucky is that?

32. No_PUDding

I thought Son’y s was 7.00pm BST.

Durgh.

33. Patrick Garratt

@32 – California’s eight hours behind the UK at the moment.

34. mington

35. theevilaires

Wow Garratt a little pumped there eh :D

“It’s a multiple warhead assault straight up your fucking asshole”.

CLASSIC! :D

36. deanimate

I’m on a boat…

37. Stefan1904

Why does GameTrailers lists the MS conference half an hour later than VG247? They also list the Natal event on tuesday. I’m confused.

38. Freek

THE NEWS BETTER RUN!

39. OlderGamer

I gotta be about the only gamer here that isn’t pumped for E3.

I just don’t see too much to get excited about. Lots of sequels. Lots of talk about casual gaming controls with Move and Natal. Talk about 3D gaming. And Sony charging for PSN services.

Call me jaded but I just don’t see what all of the fuss is about.

40. fdelfino

The first thing people will do once they get Natal will be kung-fu movements, like Bruce Lee. Or give the middle finger…

If Natal allows you to do that, I’m sold.

41. Psychotext

I gotta be about the only gamer here that isn’t pumped for E3.

Nope, not just you. There will need to be a complete megaton to catch my interest. None of the leaked stuff so far has looked particularly interesting.

You can keep 3D, Move, Natal and the vitality sensor. Though I wouldn’t argue with finding a little more out about the new DS.

42. Freek

43. Psychotext

Has looked mostly like a bunch of sequels to me, so yeah, pretty boring. I’m much more interested in tech… which things like Move and Natal will ensure are quite some way off.

44. fdelfino

Perfect example of what E3 will look like after Half-Life 3 is announced.

45. Anders

3DS will be interesting, as will PSP2, if Sony won’t sit on that one until GC or TGS. As for Natal and Move… Meh.

46. Bleak Harvest

Hype Got.

47. Patrick Garratt

I’ve added Activision to this. Taking “leaving it a little late” to new levels.

48. Johnny Cullen

Pud – GT’s exclusively streaming the MS pressers, both main and Natal.

49. Erthazus

@The question is: Will GT stream it? Or it is exclusively for SPIKE and will it stream in EU?

50. Johnny Cullen

It’ll stream worldwide.

51. OlderGamer

“Yeah, just a bunch games at the peak of the technology cycle, nothing interesting at all, you won’t buy any new games this or next year, right? Just all totally boring, nothing worthwhile at all…”

First up, your right, sorta.

In thinking about the games I am going to buy this year, you would be hard pressed to find one without a number attached to the end of the name.

Please note that “Technology Cycles” don’t fun games equal. All we are really talking about is refined graphics. Slightly nicer looking versions of games we have already played. Hence the whole sequel thing.

All I am really seing from E3 is hype hype hype and more hype. Normal E3 stuff really. It just seems that with the meltdown and colpase of E3, in the past, due to its over the top hype fueled excesses – one might think that we could remain grounded with some sensibilities. But the thing is spewing hype in all directions.

Seems everyone is leaking teasers, claiming that they have a world altering bomb to drop at E3.

So your right. We will prolly see the best this generation will have to offer. That in and of itself is a tad anticlimatic if you ask me.

52. Patrick Garratt

Just removed a bit. The Acti thing isn’t a press conference, we were told yesterday. It’s a “preview event”.

53. Blerk

For a single game? Or for all of their games?

54. Filofax

@51 I’m really looking forward to this years E3, but I have to admit you hit the nail on the head about the hype. It’s just a shame that a lot of the stuff that’s been mentioned so far will not live up to the hype that’s being generated.

55. Patrick Garratt

@53 – All of them, I think.

56. Raining_Upwards

@51 ‘E3 is going to feature, very pointedly, motion/casual controls, PSN+, a new DS, and … oh yea, sequels.’.

Don’t forget 3D. There will be shitloads of that tech shove down our collective throats.

57. Freek

Technology cycles do influnece game fun ALLOT. Games suffering due to being “launch titles” is a well known issue. Developers are spening more time getting to grips with techology rather then designing gameplay.

But now, we’re in the middel, when everything is well known and polished. Developers get on with doing they stuff they coulden’t before.
    And that results in some pretty spectacular stuff. And why it’s often the sequels that are most fondly rememberd, the games that launch a couple years into the cycle.
    And this is also the time the games that have been longer in development start getting some actual gameplay.
    For example; Ico, Shadow of the Collasus and now Last Gaurdian all came at this time.