Hamill: Arkham Asylum 2 to be Joker’s last appearance

Thursday, 27th May 2010 08:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

batmanarkhamasylum9

Joker actor Mark Hamill has revealed Arkham Asylum 2 will be the last stand for the mental bastard. Yup, he could be killed off.

Speaking with IGN, however, Hamill wouldn’t say if Joker would end up in the morgue or not.

“This will be my last, there’s no question about that. But it’s the last hurrah,” Hamill told the site.

Very little has been spilled on the Rocksteady sequel since its reveal last December, with the only big news since then being the buyout of the developer from Warner Bros.

There has been speculation as to who will be included into the game, though:Robin, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze and more.

Warner confirmed the title for a 2010 ship, but with not much seen of the game since the VGAs reveal, it’s looking likely it’ll face a slip it’ll face a slip into next year.

Let’s have a proper reveal at E3, eh?

1. Blerk

Doesn’t he say it’ll be his ‘last’ Joker every time he does one?

“Yeah, it’s definitely the last time. Until the next one. I was in Star Wars, you know. Do you want to see my lightsabre?”

2. Boris Fett

Not gonna happen.

This is a bit like what Hideo Kojima does. Every time a new Metal Gear Solid is released, he says he’s going to retire from the franchise. He never does.

3. Bulk Slash

Maybe because he’s a bigshot director now he doesn’t need to do silly voices for videogames? ;)

4. freedoms_stain

Hamil’s last appearance as the Joker, not necessarily the last appearance of the Joker period.

5. Gadzooks!

Oh. I hope AA2 doesnt slip to 2011.

Batman:AA was my GOTY last year by quite a big margin and I’d quite like some more of it, as soon as possible….

6. ShiroGamer

that means nothing btw
    and freedoms
    man I thought you died,its been ages since you posted here :)

7. Gheritt White

@ 5: Have they even announced a release date yet?

8. Gadzooks!

I don’t think a specific date has been announced, but I’m almost fairly half-certain that I think I might have maybe read a presser about a 2010 release.