Rockstar “working hard” to keep up supply of RDR

Wednesday, 26th May 2010 15:03 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Red Dead Redemption 2

Rockstar Games UK GM Neil Stephen has told MCV that the publisher is “working hard” in trying to get more supply sorted for Red Dead Redemption across the land, but promised the crisis should be “resolved” by this weekend.

Since the game’s release on Friday, the western has seen a massive shortage throughout high street stores and supermarkets, with the firm even in a dispute with supermarket Asda over the game, which has since been resolved.

“We have seen very strong demand for Red Dead Redemption at launch which did impact on availability for gamers in some locations unfortunately and we’re sorry if that has been the case,” Stephen told the site.

“We have been working hard with all our partners to get more stock into stores to meet the ongoing demand as quickly as possible and we believe the situation should be resolved by this weekend, so we’d like to thank everyone involved for their part in this”

Despite the shortage, the game went to the top of the UK charts this week.

1. OlderGamer

Nice problem to have really, selling so well your low on stock.

2. Erthazus

Rockstar cracks me out this generation starting with GTA 4.

They have tons of bugs in the singleplayer campaign in RDR and even PS3 cries for a fix… What rockstar is doing right now? Working hard on making money, but don’t giving a flying fuck about glitches, bugs and port issues.

If RDR PC port will be the same disaster like GTA 4, i’m sure there will be sold less then 20K copies.

Assholes

3. mington

I finally had a chance to play it for a few hours last night. I became like some wild west Predator alien, leaving skinned horse corpses all over town

4. Blerk

That’s completely unfair, Erthazus – you’ve no idea what they’re doing at the minute.

There’s been an official Rockstar support guy posting in EG’s RDR thread for the last few days answering technical queries and bug reports and letting us know what they’re working on. As far as I can tell nobody else does this.

5. mington

nobody else’s game has invisible horses :D

6. Erthazus

@Blerk, please, don’t tell me. I played GTA 4. GTA 4 was one of the worst Port ever created in the history of gaming.

What they are trying to do, is just an excuse right now. They still fixing GTA 4 for PC to this day.
    I don’t see a RDR port fix, bug fix, glitches fix i don’t see shit and thats pretty important, because i really don’t give a damn about that Rockstar guy.

7. OlderGamer

Fear the invisible horse!

In the old days it wasn’t a glitch/bug it was a feature!

8. mington

Hell, in Dead to rights its a pre order bonus!

9. No_PUDding

I went to several places yesterday.. ON MY BIKE! Yes Rockstar, I exerted myself phyically to find this game.

And no luck.

It’s not on! NOT ON!

Anyway, I went home, put my feet in a jacuzzi foot-bath and ordered it off Amazon, for this evening. I feel like such a chump!

10. Massiveslag

I must say, I don’t post too much but am an avid reader. However I feel I must speak out.

Erthazus, you are singluarly the most poisonus, narrow minded little trogladyte to ever belch forth bile and hate from your rancid little sphincter you call a mouth. Do you ever play games, because with the amount of grade A excrement you spout, you’d think you fucking hate them.

Sure the games industry is now largely about money, but if it wasn’t, we’d all still be playing fucking Pong. Grow up, enjoy what you have and stop burdening the rest of the world with the tired drivel you mistakenly label an opinion. C.U.N.T.

11. Blerk

They’ve already released two patches and it’s only been out a week, Erthazus. And it’s not like it’s unplayable or anything, there’s just a bunch of glitches in there which make things a bit weird at times.

Like I said before, if you’re expecting them to magically fix the resolution of the PS3 port then you’re basically pissing in the wind – it’s just never going to happen.

12. OlderGamer

If I ever win the lotto Erth, I am buying you an Xbox360, so you won’t keep getting screwed on shoddy ports.

That and I will be buying xbl gold for you UK guys on my friends list. I have never seen so many silver memberships in my life. My wife calls you guys the silver brigade.

13. No_PUDding

I’ll get in on that OG.

14. Erthazus

@10 Thats not my mouth, it’s fingers :D. Relax. I play games and i like them, but i don’t like every freakin game.
    For example RDR is my favourite game this year for now, but lets be honest: Glitches, bugs and bad ports for PS3 is not a really good work. You don’t agree?
    I said here that i don’t like RDR or something like that?

@11 For example i encountered a bug today where i could not finish mission at all. It was in Mexico final mission where all NPC started to glitch and don’t care to move on.
    I restarted my system and only then it’s playable.

and i’m not expecting magically fix the resolution, i expect them to fix it in the near future.

15. OlderGamer

Just need them winning numbers. A dollor and a dream, thats all it takes ;)

16. Kerplunk

It’s not an invisible horse.

It’s just that only smart people can see it. ;)

@10: 8O

17. Blerk

They’re not going to fix it at all, Erth. Can’t you just enjoy the game? It’s bloody brilliant!

18. Boris Fett

@Massiveslag *gives you a medal*

19. pleasant_cabbage

say what you think don’t hold back ;)
    and post more often!

20. Erthazus

@17 Brilliant. I know that they won’t fix port. I already gave up on that. But i can’t see news like: We Rockstar hard at working with game supplies.

But bugs and other stuff is like well ok, lets fix them tomorrow. Saw that with GTA 4 already.

21. Blerk

But they’re fixing them now! Rockstar Support just asked me to send details of a bug I saw last night because they thought it was just a problem in one area but are now thinking it might be more widespread. I somehow doubt the development team are spending all day hand-crafting press releases about stock levels.

22. DeSpiritusBellum

Bugs I can live with, turning GTA into Sims 3 with guns, I cannot.

Granted I’m yet to try out RDR, but Rockstar haven’t had any humor in their games since Bully. At least to me, that was a pretty crucial part of their games.

23. Boris Fett

@20 Oh jesus fucking christ, shut up already. There’s an approval process behind patching these games on consoles, so they can’t always get released instantly even if the developer wants them to.

But you probably don’t care about such things as facts.

Like the fact that the only reason the port is so “shoddy” is because Sony made their hardware so needlessly complex to develop for. If you want to blame anyone, blame Sony.

4 years ago, we were all playing games at 480p, and NOBODY gave a fucking damn about those extra few pixels in the game’s resolution. Quit crying over split milk.

24. pleasant_cabbage

Imo RDR actually feels more like Bully in places. I think there is humour in it, but then again, I thought GTA4+DLC had humour too!

25. Boris Fett

RE: Read Dead Redemption and humour.

There’s plenty of subtle humour in Red Dead Redemption. God know it’s handled more maturely than anything seen in the PS2 era Grand Theft Autos. But we can’t expect kids and juvenile adults to appreciate that, now can we?

Pre GTAIV humour was just that, purile and childish humour for people who can’t appreciate any others sort of humour that isn’t… well… purile and childish. It’s not funny without fart jokes, right?

26. Erthazus

@23 and you sir, shut the fuck up. Another one trying to show me and tell me about patches.
    you are captain obvious. Did i said here that i need patch or fix NOW? I said that they need to have first priority with patching games, not selling games if they are not ready for retail and PS3 version is not ready!

4 years ago you played 480p, well, good for you, when i played 720P since the start of this generation on my PC. + On my PS3 box there is a picture that says: 720P and i don’t see that.

“blame Sony”

For what? For hardware?
    So who i must blame for shitty GTA 4 Port on PC? All hardware manufactures? Nvidia, Intel, right?
    Are you fucking stupid? Hardware have nothing to do with the software engine. You can’t make a PS3 game? Don’t make it. End of story, fucktwits.

27. Boris Fett

Your argument is a logical fallacy.

Do you think companies are made up of one giant swarm of people who do everything? The people responsible for dealing with supply issues are not the same individuals who program and code the game.

They already have people on the development side working on fixing bugs and patching the game. Another division of the company (in this case the publishing sector) dealing with supply and demand issues isn’t going to impact on that in the slightest.

That’s like complaining because the music composer isn’t drawing any art.

28. ExclusivesMostly

@ Erthazus: i don’t agree with everything you say but i do see
    your point about the PS3 port of RDR. rockstar should do better, they are one of the elites.
    P.S. they better not f*** up “Agent” (which is a PS3 exclusive)

@16: lol

29. The Hindle

Dudes please less of the name calling.

30. OlderGamer

@29 I second that. No need really.

31. Gheritt White