Captivate 2010 blown to pieces – everything in one place

Wednesday, 21st April 2010 09:43 GMT By Johnny Cullen

captivate

Hawaii barely managed to walk again yesterday after the massive blow-out that came in the wake of Captivate last week. Despite a few big leaks, there was still a big chunk of stuff that still got us excited: Okamiden coming west for one thing.

For everything we covered, hit the link.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 made official, a new Dead Rising 2 trailer and more! Capcom brought the goods and it brought them well.

Hit up everything we’ve done so far below. The ones in bold are the important stuff, obviously.

1. DaMan

wow, there isn’t a single game on that list I would want to play :|

they should’ve not made Okamiden for handhelds.

2. The Hindle

Ditto Daman Capcom have gone shit this generation in my opinion.

3. Blerk

They’re definitely not what they used to be last gen. This makes me sad, because there was a time when I’d buy practically every Capcom game released.

4. mington

you be some crazy fools

say that again after we get lost planet 2, dead raising 2 and monster hunter

5. Blerk

Didn’t like the Lost Planet 2 demo, no interest whatsoever in Monster Hunter, Dead Rising 2 looks like it’ll be a classic “we hired a Western studio to do our sequel and they fucked it up” scenario. :-)

6. The Hindle

:D Even last gen it was Clover studios who were responsible for thier best games i think, who ever closed them down was an idiot.

7. mington

i didn’t like the LP2 demo either really, but i think the final game will be crazy good.

Again i have no real interest in Monster Hunter as i know nothing about it, but i know its huge in japan, and i think if i ever got my hands on it i’d be addicted

Dead raising 2 will take the country be storm

8. DaMan

tried Lost Planet, couldn’t get into it. I’d rather just play some western tps. and I hated Dead Rising too.

9. mington

i played lost planet and didn’t play past the 3rd level, but i think this sequel will be a whole different animal.

just watch the trailers yo

10. Blerk

It looks spectacular, but I just didn’t find it any fun to play.

11. DaMan

I did, still not interested. a wacky, half assed tps.

12. mington

it has a grapple hook

13. The Hindle

Isnt Lost Planet 2 out the same time as Red Dead and Alan Wake?

14. Gekidami

Same month.

15. Blerk

Same week as Alan Wake, week before Red Dead, iirc.

16. mington

ok. got sic of Lost planet 1 after a hour, didn’t overly enjoy the Lost planet 2 demo, but…

I just think when we got our hands on the final product it will transcend these issue, with a robust customization and trading system (there’s trading right?) i think the campaign will be a blast and the competitive multiplay will be a huge albeit cult hit played for years to come be loyal fans (i just hope the game clicks with me so i can become one of those fans)

I’m i being delusional :?

17. The Hindle

Hmmm do i play Red Dead and whistle the good the bad and the ugly theme tune whilst im playing, or do i buy Alan Wake and witness the coolest Combine harvestor of all time (its a boss battle) or do i get Lp 2 and fling myself round with the grapple hook whilst shouting weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Tough call

18. mington

i think Alan wake is a rental

red dead is a long rental

and LP2 is a possible punt (if i wasn’t buying SSF4, it’ll be a defo punt)

it sucks red dead is a week before alan wake :/ thats gonna mess up my whole gaming schedule

19. The Hindle

Dont forget Alpa Protocol, Modnation Racers, and Mario Galaxy 2 are all out at the same time as well. I also have Demon Souls out in June. Its a good time to be a gamer.

20. Blerk

It’s the other way around, mington – Alan Wake (and Lost Planet 2) is out the week before Red Dead.

21. mington

Will Alpha protocol be worth playing, thats yet to be seen, i’ll wait until the verdicts out on that one.

modnation racer, played the beta for 5 min, not really my bag

i’ve got no wii, but Mario Galaxy 2 is a must play surely!

Demons souls can just be dipped into as and when you want to sink a few hours into it…theres no rush with it, in fact i kind of wish i hadn’t completed it, the allure has gone now as there is nothing new to see. but it’s still fun ripping shit up with a couple of co-op buddies, when you’ve leveled up a bit the game literally turns into a modern day final fight

22. mington