Demon’s Souls blows past Atlus’ projected unit sales in the US

Wednesday, 14th April 2010 20:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

demonssouls

Atlus has revealed that Demon’s Souls has moved over 280K units in the US since it’s release.

That’s 205K more than the 75K originally projected by the company.

Hopefully this means that a sequel will indeed come our way, and Europe won’t miss out on that round.

Via Siliconera.

1. AHA-Lambda

“That’s 205K more than the 75K originally projected by the company.”

HOLY SHIT!!! =O

I need this to come to the UK so I can rent it and try it out. I’m not willing to import when its supposed to b that hard =/

2. Razor

The power of the internet innit.

3. Hunam

I love how for a smaller (but more awesome) publisher 280K is groundbreaking yet for a big publisher it would barely break even.

Atlus > Everyone else.

4. AHA-Lambda

yea that is a bit weird O_o

5. dirigiblebill

Please release it here, Atlus. I’ll round up all the neighbourhood dealers at gunpoint and force them to buy 10 copies each. Promise.

6. Stefan1904

Demon’s Souls comes to europe: http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/21185

7. Uncontested

Good to see someone can make a QUALITY game be profitable without needing millions of copies sold

8. dirigiblebill

I wonder what their ad spend was? Can’t have been all that mega. Any US users care to comment on the visibility of Demon’s Souls on your side of the Atlantic?

9. Hunam

Atlus generally do lots of twitter/facebook/youtube stuff, but I can’t comment on print media or websites, but they have a loyal fanbase. I end up buying some games I’d never have taken a second look at just because Atlus published them… and I don’t even live in the US, I have to import everything :P

10. dirigiblebill

I think this could be one of those things where word of mouth and (whisper it) reviewer opinion actually sold a few copies :)

11. xino

F**K You!

why should we Europe play Demon’s Soul 2 when you didn’t release Demon’s Soul 1?

go away man, we’ll play other better games publishers manages to ship to Europe!

12. The1stMJC

I bought this game Day 1 and have yet to put serious time into it. Got the Deluxe Edition and everything love the game, but other games have occupied my time.
    One day I will go back

13. Amored

@1 It’s not THAT hard. I mean, it’s hard, but it’s also very rewarding! And because it’s hard, makes it so much more fun! Import it NOW!

14. Spaced Oddity

I’m from the United States where I can confirm Atlus did little to no advertising for this game on television, radio or even gaming sites. Mostly word-of-mouth and YouTube vids. The game was also incredibly difficult to find, where only a few copies were available at a time at select stores such as Best Buy and Gamestop (never saw any copies at Walmart, Target, etc.).

I’m disappointed it only managed less than 300k in sales, though, as it truly is one of the best RPGs out there. Worthy of an import if you’re tempted to do so. It is challenging, but unless you’re an absolute pussy who has been spoiled by fodder like Barbie Adventures or Hello Kitty, it shouldn’t be too challenging for you.

15. Gekidami

I’m more interested in seeing Asian figures seeing as thats where nearly everyone actually imported it from.

16. Syrok

“Demon’s Souls comes to europe: http://www.gamersglobal.de/news/21185

Yay! I might buy it again. :D

17. Blerk

Always nice to see Atlus doing well! They’re awesome.

18. mington

That reminds me, i’ve been meaning to check out the bad ending on youtube

i was a good boy and played nice

19. DrDamn

I guess this is similar to the link Stefan1904 posted above …

It is coming soon by the look of it. Published by Namco Bandai.