Perfect Dark comes into Marketplace light

Wednesday, 17th March 2010 09:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

perfectdark

Microsoft’s put live the original Perfect Dark on Marketplace.

The 2000 N64 shooter is available at 800 MS points, with the download being 239Mb.

It’s the closest we’re going to get to Goldeneye on XBLA so far, so best go download it if you want some split-screen multiplayer action, considering it has maps and weapons from the classic.

Get it here.

Thanks, The Dutch Slayer.

1. reask

Is this game worth downloading?
    I sometimes find myself disappointed with older games having experienced today’s ones.

2. cookiejar

Download the trial :)

3. mington

i think this one is just for the fans, i’d imagine playing it now for the first time would be hugely disappointing, i played it a couple of years after its original release and found it really dated then…and actually really difficult, i never completed it :/

4. Gekidami

EDIT: Oh wait, its the original, i thought it was Zero.
    Its an ok game, wouldnt buy it myself though.

5. cookiejar

At least its not the usual 1200 points, bend over and cry price that we see with these old games sometimes. Call of Duty Classic, anyone?

I believe this one has actually tweaked up a bit for the 360, so it might be worth a punt. I’ve lined the trial up anyway.

6. reask

Thanks guys I will try the demo.

7. evilashchris

It’s bloody great! Wish I had some points for it! :D

8. reask

Just played a bit of the demo and must admit I quite like it.
    Dated certainly but pretty good.

9. DJ Deathstar

Yeah just played the trial, need some points to pick this and some other stuff up, but yeah its dated but i still had a load of fun playing. Plus online multiplayer means me and my brother can relive the good old days of multi, bring on Area 52, loved that level!

10. G1GAHURTZ

@ reask:

It was one of my favourite games. I enjoyed it loads, but it got a bit rubbish towards the final few missions with all of the invisible aliens and laser guns.

I played the multiplayer loads, too… (obviously!)

11. reask

G1GAHURTZ said:
    I played the multiplayer loads, too… (obviously!) :D
    Yeah it looks to be good fun actually.
    was in a bit of a rush this morning so I intend to give it a blast later.

12. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Two words. Goldeneye Source.

13. markclapham

They’ve done a really great job on this. It’s neither a straight port nor a remake, more like a remaster created from all the old assets, but optimised for the new hardware. It’s like seeing a remastered print of a film you’ve only ever watched on scratchy videotape.