THQ: Metro 2033 doing things on 360 never “done before”

Monday, 15th March 2010 17:31 GMT By Johnny Cullen

metro20334

THQ’s head of communications Huw Beynon has told VG247 that Metro 2033 will be setting a graphical standard on 360 that hasn’t been “done before”.

His quotes come as it was said recently by the company the game on 360 would reach a new graphical benchmark for consoles.

“The 4A Engine is a fabulous piece of tech,” said Beynon, “and you’ll see Metro 2033 doing things on the 360 that you haven’t seen done before. Personally, I think it looks incredible. But take a look, judge for yourself.

Speaking on the week of release for the 4A title, the exec said if you’re worried the PC version will be inferior to the 360 version, you have absolutely nothing to worry about, especially if the “Optimum” specs gave you a heart attack.

“PC is a another level again,” said Beynon. “I think we scared a few people when we suggested our ‘Optimum’ specs, but ‘Optimum’ means exactly that – the very best set-up for the very best quality and performance. Metro will run well and look great at the minimum spec, let alone ‘Recommended’ which is well within the reach of serious PC gamers.

“Then there’s 3D Vision implemented – Metro is currently NVIDIA’s poster child for their 3D tech, if you get the chance to see it you really should.”

Metro 2033 releases tomorrow in the US and Friday in the UK for PC and 360.

1. Gekidami

Because the bar is so low on 360. :D

2. Enkeixpress

That’s what I like to hear.. The bar being pushed even higher! :)

3. Tallon 4

Another great game. My wallet is empty and 2010 just started. Hoped it was crap. Will buy but first I have to check GoW3.

4. NoxNoctisUmbra

Thats good to hear. I thought development on 360 got lazy last year with Graphics. Only few game looked good, while rest look like 2008 and 2007. I Wonder how the game would look on PS3 if they push it hard! Could it beat Uncharted 2 ? God Of War 3? Im curious

5. Tallon 4

@4: They probably could not because the 1st party devs got the best middleware and support..at least that’s what I think.

6. Goliath

Where are the reviews for this game? Seriously.

7. ninjanutta2

This has got to be a joke,the graphics are far from raising the bar,sloppy animation,poor voice acting and the controls are pretty poor too.the game is a letdown if im honest,its got a slightly cool atmosphere but many niggles that spoil the over all experience.im half way through and pretty unimpresed from what i thought it would be like..an honest 6.5/10…worth a play through once..oh yeah,terrible difficulty spikes too.DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE…you will feel ripped off as the game feels unfinished

8. G1GAHURTZ

Where are the reviews for this game? Seriously.

They must be poor.

The game’s supposed to be out tomorrow, and the only review is a 9 that says that the ‘shooting’ is a ‘problem’.

9. Goliath

@ ninjanutta2

Fuck man, this is what I’m hearing from everyone. I really had high hopes but it doesn’t seem like it’s going to be a stellar release.

10. konrad74

It received another 9 out of 10 today. Average critic score so far is about an 8.6.

3D Juegos gives metro a 9/10 – Metro 2033 Forum

11. frostquake

Well I just got Metro, so I will have to see…Though FF13 set the bar High on Gorgeous Graphics…but what the hay…