GT5, Split/Second revealed as Move compatible [Update]

Sunday, 14th March 2010 11:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

GT5 5

Update: Guess it’s not happening, then. The games are mentioned on every accessories page of the PlayStation site.

Original Story: The US portal page for PlayStation Move has revealed some more compatible games for the motion controller, including some biggies.

The site shows Gran Turismo 5, ModNation Racers and Split/Second to be supported with the hardware.

The page also shows most of the other games that was announced as compatible with Move like SOCOM 4, Sports Champions and Move Party.

The controller’s final look and name got announced at GDC this week, with impressions for it being very good so far. Catch up on everything from the reveal this week here.

PlayStation Move is due out in fall. ModNation is due in spring, while SCEA exec Peter Dille promised GT5 will be out this year at the firm’s GDC conference on Wednesday. Split/Second is out on May 21 in the UK

Thanks, Lucky.

1. Lucky

Don’t mention it :)

2. Hunam

I don’t see how move would add to a racing game…

3. Yoshi

Move with a steering wheel attachment ;)

4. cookiejar

Interesting.

I guess they would both be like how Mario Kart is set up, I bet there will even be a wheel accessory at some point too, where you snap the Move controller in.

Not exactly my cuppa tea for GT5, but at least games are getting support as an option.

5. Gekidami

It seems that for GT5, this will be head tracking.

6. Stefan1904

The games are NOT related to the move. Even if you select the ac adaptor or the singstar mics from the accessories, you see the same featured games.

7. Robo_1

Awesome sauce – I was going to get Split Second anyway, but this seals the deal. I wonder if there will be any steering wheel attachments for it? Not quite as easy to do with that bubble fixed to the end of it.

8. Dannybuoy

I guess this is why Sony have delayed GT5. Could be awesome. Mario Kart Wii always felt a bit floaty with the wii wheel. Move should allow a more precise experience. Game on

9. NoxNoctisUmbra

This have been discussed in GT Planet Forums, it seems its not going to be supported, The PLAYSTATION webiste states Featured products, not SUPPORTED PRODUCTS, Featured products show up pretty much on all of the Accessories, so it means that it’s just Featured products not Supported Product.. False News, please change it VG247, really FALSE NEWS!

10. cookiejar

Well maybe Sony will confirm it does or it doesn’t support Move at some point.

I honestly don’t see why it won’t support it, even if its patched in afterwards.

It’s a nice feature to have if you want it.

11. NoxNoctisUmbra

Cool or not, It’s not confirmed, its misleading… Dont bring lil kids hopes up.. Change the topic ;)

12. AznSniper

The rumor is false. The Featured Games show up for all accessories.

So the games support SingStar microphones as well?

13. McLovin85

Yeah from the looks of it Nox and Azn r correct. This is pretty misleading VG247, i don’t think it’s correct.

14. Battlefieldbadcompany2

Good!

15. DeSpiritusBellum

Even if it was, why would you get excited about something like that?

I think the Wii earned its keep, it’s a lot of fun to play around with for a moment with your buddies, but you’d never use that machine to play a traditional game, like GT5.

I don’t see any of these controllers blowing my mind, they’re just a cool gimmick that happens to sell consoles right now. Although if Natal really lives up to its demo in terms of actual functionality in games, doing literally anything you want to interact with the screen, I think that could be pretty amazing. I’m definitely not holding my breath though.

16. cookiejar

Well if the PlayStation site was laid out a little better, maybe it wouldn’t of been an issue eh? ;) Don’t blame VG247.

17. SplatteredHouse

If they haven’t looked in to the accuracy of the information of the tip received, and then post incorrect details, who else is to blame for the error?
    It’s the weekend, though, (Sunday’s the slowest news day that I can think of ;)) several editors are on different time zones, plus, you know, mistakes can happen. So, it’s not been updated, just yet.

18. onlineatron

Awww… Leave Johnny alone, he’s new(ish)!

19. Blerk

I was kind of amused by the idea of a racing game supporting the Singstar mikes there. That would’ve been all kinds of awesome! :-D

20. Syrok