God of War III soundtrack now available for $1.99

Wednesday, 3rd March 2010 15:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

kratosrocks

Remember last week when AOL Radio gave you a taste of the metaltastic God of War III inspired tracks that are included with the game’s premium edition?

Well, today, Sony has announced the release of the Blood & Metal EP and to kick things off, the US PS Blog has posted the video to Trivium’s “Shattering The Skies Above”.

The video was filmed during the recording sessions for the God of War III-inspired track.

“Metal is that imagery, metal is that grandiose thing, that violent energy that the game creates,” said Trivium’s singer Matt Heafy about the song and how it relates to the game.

“Our song is inspired by the excitement of being involved with God Of War III and it’s inspired by the energy of the game.”

God of War: Blood & Metal is available today for just $1.99 through Shockhound here, and head on over to Roadrunner Records and check out Trivium’s reaction to fans covering their included song here.

God of War III is out on March 16 and 19 in the US and UK, respectively.

1. Alakratt

I already downloaded the EP. IMO, the only good song on it it’s Dream Theater’s. I was expecting more from Opeth, but again, they let me down…damn Roadrunner. And the others, well, I wasn’t expecting anything at all. The EP’s price makes me rethink my Ultimate Edition preorder…really, the challenge arena is not necessary for the plat, if it was that epilogue that was cut then it would be a different story. The extra skin…well if I switch to the regular I’ll still get a skin. And the GoW History documentary, well, I’ll d/l it later on.

2. Gekidami

Blood & Metal isnt the games OST.

3. McLovin85

@Alakratt

Where did u pre order the Ultimate Edition. I’ve been trying to find websites that do it but have had no luck.

4. The Hindle

9 days guys cant bloody wait.

5. Stephany Nunneley

No, it’s “inspired by” soundtrack, Gek. I shouldn’t have to say that every time it’s mentioned by now. All of you know it. It says so in the post three times. I am not going to insult everyone’s intelligence.

6. Alakratt

@ Gek

I know that isn’t the game’s OST. But still, all of this has got me to reconsider downgrading my preorder.

@ McLiving85

I had it preordered as soon as it was available.

Just in case anyone missunderstands, I’m still getting the game, it’s fricking awesome. I just saw on, a german Gamepro site I think, most of the Poseidon battle. And everything you’ve read and heard from interviews and descriptions, is completely real! It completely beats that battle with the giant statue to the ground!

7. The_Deleted

McLovin85:
    Try Here:

Doesn’t come with the GoW Collection, but everything else is with it. If he has any left.

8. McLovin85

Cheers for the info The_Deleted.