Metro 2033 gets PC specs, 3D included

Thursday, 25th February 2010 12:38 GMT By Patrick Garratt

metro20333

THQ just released Metro 2033′s PC spec sheet, including details on what you’ll need to play the promising 4A shooter in 3D.

Here’s the lot:

Minimum:

• Dual core CPU (any Core 2 Duo or better will do)
  • DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant graphics cards (GeForce 8800, GeForce GT220 and above)
  • 1GB RAM

Recommended:

• Any Quad Core or 3.0+ GHz Dual Core CPU
  • DirectX 10 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 260 and above)
  • 2GB RAM

Optimum:

• Core i7 CPU
  • NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)
  • As much RAM as possible (8GB+)
  • Fast HDD or SSD

Enabling 3D Vision

Metro 2033 utilizes NVIDIA 3D Vision with compatible cards and hardware. To play in 3D you will require:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 and above recommended
  • A 120Hz (or above) monitor
  • NVIDIA 3D Vision kit
  • Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7

The game’s based on the highly successful Russian novels written by Dmitry Glukhovsky.

It’s out on March 19 for 360 and PC. We’ve got an interview with Dmitri and producer Huw Beynon going up later, so watch out for that.

1. mington

hurray for vg247 interviews, i’ll look forward to that

2. Patrick Garratt

Shouldn’t be too much longer. On the final stretch.

3. mington

i’ll save my banana till then :P

4. Patrick Garratt

It won’t be that quick. I’ve got to pop out for half an hour and I’ve got another six minutes to transcribe. Few hours yet :D

5. mington

i really fancy a sausage roll, a jumbo one, one of those petrol station specials and some flamin hot monster munch nom nom nom

but is it worth braving this weather, all those savory delights are waiting for me…

ah who am i kidding, i’m far to lazy t’ go down shop, i’ll just stick with my warm squidgy banana

6. Patrick Garratt

Transcription complete.

7. Ianman

I only just recently found out about this game. I love it when that happens. I see a game that looks cool and only have to wait a couple of months as opposed to a year or two!

8. Patrick Garratt

It’s up. Top of site.

9. Erthazus

This is serious shit specs… Russians always like to make the real shit out of their games.

I have

QUAD CORE 2.8 GHZ
    9800 GTX 1 GB
    8 GB RAM

I think i can go with Optimum without Direct X 11 card. Core i7 CPU – they did not mentioned what GHZ they need so my 2.8 GHZ is still good for Optimum.

10. endgame

wow. somebody sucks ass at doing optimizations it seems. shit bfbc2 looks much better, has much bigger maps and the amount of physics that the cpu or gpu has to do in that game is incredible and it has lower req specs.