Nomura: FF Versus XIII may not be shown at E3 due to changes

Wednesday, 17 February 2010 09:37 GMT By Johnny Cullen


Be afraid, kiddlewinks. Be very, very afraid.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII might not be shown at E3 in June due to changes in the game’s development, director Tetsuya Nomura has revealed in this week’s Famitsu.

He said changes to the world map were made, which originally had a small version of main character Noctis on the screen running about in a style that was similar to a previous Final Fantasy title. Said title wasn’t revealed as Famitsu didn’t reveal what it was.

It was then decided that it was altered to a style in the vein of another unknown FF title.

It’s because of these revisions that Nomura has said what he’s said.

Last October, he said it would be at E3 if the development team was “quick enough”.

The last public piece of video to come out of Final Fantasy Versus XIII was when a trailer was packed in with the Japanese demo of Final Fantasy XIII last April.

Since then, other then a tech demo at TGS last September, there’s been nothing outside of a private showing of new video at Jump Fiesta just before Christmas in Tokyo, which said “Revelation will come next time”.

Versus XIII will be out in the year 3000, at this rate, for PS3.