NPD has released the software figures for January 2010, and it looks like New Super Mario Bros. Wii beat out Mass Effect 2 by around 84K units, with 656.7K units sold.
However, you have to take into consideration that Mass Effect 2 was only out for six days in January, so those are still fantastic numbers.
In all, software sales came in at $597.9 million for the month compared to $682.6 million last year, which is a 12 percent drop.
Here’s the full thing:
- New Super Mario Bros. (Wii) – 656.7K
- Mass Effect 2 (360) – 572.1K
- Wii Fit w/Balance Board (Wii) – 555.7K
- Modern Warfare 2 (360) – 326.7K
- Mario Kart w/Wheel (Wii) – 310.9K
- Sports Resort w/WMP (wii) – 297.6K
- Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) – 259.0K
- Army of Two: The 40th Day (360) – 246.5K
- Just Dance (Wii) – 191.9K
- Darksiders (360) – 171.2k