Plans to release God of War Collection separately in UK, confirms SCEE

Tuesday, 26th January 2010 11:34 GMT By Johnny Cullen

gowcollection

SCEE’s told VG247 that it has plans to release the God of War Collection separately in the UK.

However, for now, no details have been confirmed other then the Ultimate Trilogy edition, which will set you back £110 in the UK.

A rep from the firm told us: “There are plans to release the GOW Collection separately but nothing has been confirmed outside of the Ultimate Edition for the time being.”

Sony told us, though, it could “only speak for the UK” in terms of the Collection being sold on its own.

Previously, we were told there was no plans to bundle the Collection and God of War III together in an official package.

Yesterday, SCEE said it was aiming to release the hack-and-slash epic in the UK on March 19, although nothing’s official yet.

Confirmation is due in a few weeks.

A bundle is also planned.

US retailer GameStop has the game down for a March 16 release in America.

It’ll release in Japan on March 25.

1. mington

they’ve kind’ve missed a trick, they should have released this a few weeks before to wet everyones appetite

2. The Hindle

March is going to be GOW month pretty much

3. Bulk Slash

Too late Sony, bought it on eBay yesterday and it arrived today.

4. Psychotext

Good news.

5. SplatteredHouse

Any further news about this special edition of III, that listings have appeared in several places for? Good to see the Collection will be released, though.

6. Blerk

Sanity prevails!

7. Komond_Deckard

Hope they release it in Spain too, or that the UK has Spanish subtitles. The only thing I wanted about the pack was this and the OST, but specially this, so I don’t want to buy it just for them to tell me that at the end, they sell it apart. It was enough when the 5-version pack for Blade Runner was “only the case version”, for me to see months later they sell it itself and for 20€. I’m tired of buying special packs for exclusive contents that aren’t.

8. Johnny Cullen

SplatteredHouse – I do.

Check the top of the site in a while.

9. spikeymike

They should release it on the day that Dante’s Inferno comes out ;)

10. KAP

Sanity prevails indeed lol
    Sony SCEE are like the senile grandperant at times aint they.

11. mington

@7 yeah i hope there is Spanish subtitles too, as even though i understand and can write perfect English….oh wait

12. Eregol

Makes sense for SCEE to announce something without a release date with regards to GoW.

13. Johnny Cullen

Top of the site in regards to the Special Edition.

14. Juanchamu

Joo ojala too separate him out all over Europe, you could not tell Sony Computer Europe, please take him out separately, I’m from Spain, and here as in many places, editing edition trilogy, no reserves left , I have a lot of power like God of War Collection, I am a fan, and I would love to have it, please VG247, Sony Computer diganle to Europe, or someone, please, take him out separately, please, if you sell a lot draw more, and those who do not have because of the Trilogy Edition going on their stocks would have it, please, get them out separately throughout Europe, thanks and greetings, and hopefully they please, what you bring forth separately.

15. Juanchamu

Where can I in any website or something to tell Sony Computer Europe, habe please if you can get them separately?

16. Psychotext

I suspect that’s the result of a google translation. =/

17. Juanchamu

Yes, sorry, is that I am Spanish, all this writing, I have trouble

18. Juanchamu

is you understand more or less?

19. Psychotext

Some of it.

20. Eregol

If you don’t mind it being in English Juan you could always import the collection.

Google translations always make things fun.

21. Komond_Deckard

I guess if Juan has to use google translator, he will mind it being in 100% English.

In my case I will wait, if they don’t sell it in Spain with Spanish subtitles without the Pandora’s Box, then doesn’t mind, I will have to buy it to the UK or USA anyway. Spanish subtitles is not something I need, but something I would appreciate, and I would enjoy it more than just in English. I guess (and hope) that if the UE edition in the Pandora’s Box is Multi, the UK GOW Collection will be exactly the same disc, if they don’t do what they did with Infamous.

22. AHA-Lambda

I had tog o buy the trilogy box set didnt I? :(

no matter I wanted it anyway :P

23. SplatteredHouse

Joystiq report that they’ve been told by SCEE that all of Europe will be getting this set. :)

24. Dannybuoy

I’m currently playing Chains of Olympus on psp. It’s my first taste of GoW and from what I’ve played so far I’m hooked. Going to get the collection from eBay (£32 seems a bargain) and I’m dam excited about number 3. Just hurry up SCE with a release date!!

25. Eregol

@24, I got my GoW collection off of Movietyme for £29.99. Granted it’s only £2, but it still would have been a saving.