Fri, Jan 15, 2010 | 19:32 GMT
No loss of “freedom” after Eidos-Square Enix takeover, says IO
IO Interactive’s Karsten Lund has told VG247 that the studio hasn’t lost its sense of “freedom” after its parent company Eidos was taken over by Square Enix in April last year.
Asked if the takeover had affected their development, he said: “I don’t see any change in the freedom we have at all.”
“I couldn’t tell you anything about that. Our focus at IO Interactive is to create new franchises and good experiences for gamers to enjoy, and that’s what we’ll continue to do no matter what,” he added further.
Since the takeover, both companies have been working in conjunction with each other on several projects. It was announced back in November Square Enix would be working on CG cinematics for Deus Ex 3, according to Eidos Montreal boss Stephane D’Astous.
A week earlier, Square Enix president Yoichi Wada announced at the Montreal Games Summit, that both Square and Eidos are working on their first full game together.
Find our full interview with IO’s Karsten Lund here.