Assassin’s Creed II getting two bits of DLC in early 2010

Tuesday, 1st December 2009 19:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

asscreedII

Ubisoft has announced two bits of DLC for Assassin’s Creed II, and both are expected to be released in 2010.

In January “Battle of Forli” will be released, followed in February by “Bonfire of the Vanities”.

No extra details or an exact date for either 1Gb download were given, but each will be made available for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Via PR mail.

1. Yoshi

This is 1 game i really wouldnt mind spending dlc on, aslong as the dlc is good of course :P

2. Gekidami

These are those 2 corrupted segments you’re forced to skip in the game.

3. Pyrix

Ah yeah, that would make sense. I wonder if he decides to grow his beard in one of them.

4. Gekidami

Must do, he’s gained it after them.

5. Michael O’Connor

So basically, just like with Prince of Persia, they took out a valid section of the game and pawned it off at DLC?

This is just as bad as having it on the disc and making you pay to unlock it.

This is one of my favourite games of the year, but if this really is the missing parts of the story, then they can kindly fuck off.

6. Gekidami

Pretty much. Though i guess on the plus side they probably arent all that important to the over all plot. Unlike in PoP which was pretty much the end of the game being sold separately.

7. Uncontested

Wait aren’t the sections you skip in game the White and Black edition bonus levels?

8. Vodos

@Uncontested

No, the bonus levels are “dungeons” just like the assassin tombs with only money as reward. Totally not worth it unless you’re crazy and really enjoyed the tombs.

9. Blerk

A gig each? Bloody norah!

10. Bulk Slash

@Vodos

Bugger. I really did enjoy those tombs, if I’d known I’d have bought one of the special editions. :( SEs these days usually just have a load of extra multiplayer crap that I’m not interested in, so I didn’t even think to look at them this time.

I did wonder if those corrupted segments at the end of the game were bits they didn’t finish in time… I’d definitely be willing to pay for them though as I thought AC2 was awesome.