NCsoft: Aion sells over 970K copies across NA and Europe

Saturday, 7th November 2009 18:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

aion01a

NCSoft has revealed during its financial report for Q3 of its fiscal year that Aion has sold more than 500,000 units in North America and 470,000 in Europe.

The Korean publisher’s financials are up 112 percent to KRW166 billion ($142 million) with net income for the July-September period at KRW46.9 billion ($40 million), which is a 836 percent year-over-year increase, with Aion contributing to 52 percent of those figures.

MMOs Lineage contributed 16 percent, City of Heroes/Villains 4 percent and Guild Wars 3 percent.

Revenues from Korea accounted for 48 percent with North America, Japan, Europe, and Taiwan following in that order.

Via IGN.

1. unacomn

*As he gazes upon the wreckage of the world he once fought for, from the crater at the heart of Empire Sector, he spoke these words*
    I hop WoW kills Aion.

2. Grimrita

Good for them. Lets hope they recover from the train wreck Tabula Rasa. I wanted to get this but im hanging out for SWTOR.

3. blackdreamhunk

they have one of best game devs in the industry arenanet alot of pc gamer called them anet for sort

I am waiting on guildwars 2 .

pc gamers can hang their hat on games like guildwars for years to come.

In fact I played guildwars for 4 years

I love guildwars one of best games ever.

better than game such as billy cliff 10 times over

4. Hunam

I played Guildwars for about 4 hours before I got bored.

5. blackdreamhunk

that means you don’t like action rpg’s

there was study done on the topic.

here is a the link on the matter

it’s too bad Elveon never came about, we would another new genre.

6. Hunam

But I do like action RPGs, just not guild wars. It was more grindy than anything else and the setting was flat and boring.

7. blackdreamhunk

your the first action rpg gamer that I know who says they don’t like guildwars.

anet is the same lead game devs who made daiblo and wow

how ever jeff strain left ncsoft :(

I can’t wait for guildwars 2 to come out.

8. OlderGamer

I couldn’t get into GW either. I didn’t like the way the world was layed out. Amoung other things.

9. blackdreamhunk

I love guild wars envirments I hate the nerfs to skills.

10. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

It can’t have been that bad if you managed to play it for four whole years before getting bored.

11. Gekidami

I played up till NightFall (on and off mind; I beat one then stoped till the next came out, mainly due to the lack of anything actually worth doing apart form the main quest) and just dropped it before the end. I was playing it every time with a friend but the magic had just gone at that point, it felt to samey and the difficulty curve was all over the place.