Fallout 3 saves on PS3 not transferring for GOTY edition in Canada

Wednesday, 14th October 2009 17:14 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

fallout3

According to a couple bits of commenting over on Bethesda’s forums, PS3 owners in Canada are having issues importing save games for Fallout 3 to the GOTY edition.

It looks as though previous Capital Wasteland save files are not being recognized, and forum posters suspect that it’s due to either improper/outdated patching or the GOTY edition isn’t compatible with the version of the GOTY sold in the region.

Bethesda is aware of the issue and is trying to figure things out before making an official statement.

For more on this, hit the link.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. yupyup

Bethesda’s winning QA team strikes again. I’m beginning to wonder if someone in their marketing department heard the adage ‘there’s no such thing as bad news’ and ran with it.

2. freedoms_stain

HA! FO3 saves, they’re MASSIVE, I had almost 5GB of the fuckers until monday night, needless to say I’ve adopted an overwrite the last one policy since then.

3. Robo_1

@yupyup

Spot on mate, they really are in a class of their own for QA.

4. reask

Oh I didn’t realise they were that big.
    I have saved mine loads of time.

5. Gekidami

So anyone know if the GOTY edition is counted as the normal Fallout 3 in the achievements? Because i’ve got the original along with all the DLC apart from MotherShip Zeta. If i got this, booted up my save and did Zeta would the achievements be along side my other Fallout 3 ones?

6. The Hindle

yea ive been wondering this i got the origanal fallout 3 and have got game saves, if i was to get fallout goty could i carry my saves over on the 360

7. mortiferus

What a fuck up! Their PS3 developers are shit! LITERALLY!!!

8. freedoms_stain

Bethesda have fucked something up on all the platforms FO3 is out on, share the love with the whole company.

9. OrbitMonkey

This is not a surprise. The DLC only works with the bles code (or some fucking code) of the origional Fallout3 and i’m betting the GOTY has a different code. Bestheda i salute you!