Star Wars: The Old Republic – The Making of Coruscant dev video

Saturday, 10th October 2009 22:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

theoldrepublic

BioWare’s latest developer diary discusses the making of the planet Coruscant – which excites the hell out of us to be honest. That’s our favorite planet, being the Star Wars nerds that we are – at least from a Republic standpoint.

Anyhow, in the video, the developers discuss the creation of the Republic’s capital from “the deepest basement to the tallest skyscraper,” and “from the majestic skyline to the dark and seedy underground levels”.

Both sound about the same to us. Fried potato, backed potato ya know.

Regardless, it’s awesome, and past the break.

1. DarkElfa

I’d like to apologize to the other members for my upcoming use of aggressive language.

Fuck this money grab of a game. Most of the fans wanted a 3rd KotOR game and instead they put out this subscription based fiasco instead of what we really want all so Lucas can just keep on adding to his never ending coffer of SW cash. Fuck Lucas as well.

Lucas, put that in your JarJar and smoke it.

2. Jadeskye

i think darkelfa isn’t too hot on this game >_> just a hunch.

3. Grimrita

Bioware have announced that they are working on a next gen title – so who knows. Im still waiting to find out more about the actual content in this before I get excited. Im sick of grinding and sick of how WOW has changed the MMO landscape forever with its crappy style of combat, loot driven gear and total lack of decent content.

There are so many times you can take the same dungeons, make them a different colour and give them a new name.

4. endgame

@dark. we still don’t know if this will be p2p based. so far, the few clues point to micro-transaction based.

5. DarkElfa

You think they won’t have a subscription model endgame? I hadn’t heard that rumor. That might change my tune a little, but I’m just not big on games I can’t ever win.

6. blackdreamhunk

I hear bio-ware might make the fee system like guildwars. either way I am still buying the game. :P