Capcom: No plans for RE5 Wii port, no producer for RE6 yet

Saturday, 26th September 2009 18:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

residentevil524

Capcom has not decided on a producer for Resident Evil 6 yet, according to RE5 producer Jun Takeuchi.

“The producer for Resident Evil 6 hasn’t been decided yet,” Takeuchi told Kotaku. “I think, while Resident Evil 4 is a great game, its appeal was limited somewhat to maniac players. With RE5, I wanted to bring the series to a larger audience. I think its important to do the same for the next RE.”

Also, while possible, the gaming house has no plans to port RE5 to Wii due to the hardware.

“With the difference between hardware specs for the Wii and the PS3, porting might be hard,” he said. “We currently have no plans.”

Bummer.

Thanks, GoNintendo.

1. Scyrenn

Maniac players? :D

Anyway I thought RE5 was somewhat disappointing and I wish they’d go back to the old style Resis… Or just do a REmake 2 already.

2. Gekidami

I dont think we’ll ever see an ‘old style’ RE anymore, Capcom rather please the twitchy finger shooter audience then its long running fans.
    I’ll bet RE6 is either a run’n'gun game a la Lost Planet/Uncharted or a FPS.

3. Blerk

I think the game needs to go two separate ways. The shooter part could become a proper shooter, the adventure part could go back to being an adventure. At the minute it’s trying to straddle the middle ground and is pleasing nobody at all.

Having said that, I don’t think it’s a very likely scenario. Most likely it’ll head even more into Gears territory next time out.

4. freedoms_stain

Do you mean Dead Space Geki? Never heard of Lost Space.

5. Gekidami

/arseup.

I meant Lost Planet, i was thinking about Dead Space but it seems that apart from the movement RE5 was already made to bear more action then it so i held off. Guess i shouldnt think and type at the same time. :D

6. DaMan

well, they did say they consider going back to the series roots.

I think it’s like 50/50 with RE6. after all, it’s going to be another reboot of RE.