Yakuza 3 never coming to America? Sega – “False”

Thursday, 17th September 2009 13:00 GMT By Patrick Garratt

yakuza34

Bloody hell. Sega staffer Aaron Webber’s posted on the US PS Blog that the chance of an American localisation of Yakuza 3 “does still exist” and is a “big point of discussion” within the firm.

Here’s the post:

Yakuza 3 is not cancelled – and the possibility for localizing it does, in fact, still exist.

The original news story that went around about Yakuza 3 being declined for the US was false, and localizing the game still remains a big point of discussion for many people here at SEGA, and especially those of us on SEGA’s community team.I know it’s far from an announcement, but I just felt you should know that the chance does still exist.

Confirmed! Not at all, but still. Go mental! Thanks, Chris.

1. Suikoden Fan

fucking do it now!!

2. ChrisPilote

That’s the spirit ;)

3. Herlock

yeah…sure, it’s about time, i think they dont want fanboys cying to much, hope is good for them!
    I hate Sega for this, no Yakuza and no kenzan!

4. Blerk

They’ll only release it if we all agree to buy terrible Sonic games for the rest of eternity.

5. satsugai

I’d buy a PS3 just to play this. O_O

6. Gekidami

I’m surprise so many people want this so badly. The demo was less then glorious.

7. JonFE

I’d wish they stop beating around the bush and make up their minds. I understand that sales of the previous installments in the West have not been great and Sega are right to be skeptical.

But they really don’t have to make a huge investment in this. The game is already done and they could only add subtitles to it and release it to a new market for some additional sales. That would be a cheaper and better solution than adding terrible English voice-overs (that would feel out of place in a game like this anyway).

I’m sure all 3 fans of the series would appreciate it :)

PS. The number at the end was a joke; the rest of the post is serious. I know I’d buy it in a heartbeat if it were available and I haven’t played any of the games.

8. Hero of Canton

I’ll believe there IS a God if this happens.

9. Hunam

Fucks sake. We still going on about this? Just make up your bloody minds.

10. Galactic_Barret

This is nice and all, but I would rather them not talk about the game at all unless its announcing an US release date.