Capcom looking into creating more DLC for Resident Evil 5

Friday, 4th September 2009 16:35 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

re5

Looks like some more DLC may be heading to Resident Evil 5, according to Capcom’s Christian Svensson.

Speaking with VG247 during its latest podcast, Svensson stated that currently the firm is discussing the possibility of releasing more downloadable content for the title, and is looking to the community for ideas and suggestions.

“We’re talking about it. I don’t know if you have seen some of the threads on Capcom Unity, but questions came up on whether we are going to do any more,” he said. “I asked what people would want to see and that spawned a thread that was literally hundreds of posts long and had tens of thousands of views.

“I mentioned that thread to the team and we have discussed it ever since. So I will leave it at that.”

More DLC is always a good thing. Especially when it involves shooting parasite infected enemies out to get you.

The full podcast can be listened to through the link.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

More DLC? I didn’t know Capcom created any “DLC” for RE5 to begin with…(seeing as how vs mode was already on the disc) ;)

2. Stephany Nunneley

LOL! Still it was considered DLC, no? ;-)

3. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Yeah it was…with great controversy. You remember…the “DLC” was a small unlock key somewhere in the kilobyte range and everyone was pissed, rightfully so, that capcom was charging us for that shit.

Look at FEAR 2….giving us slo-mo multiplayer DLC for free.
    Look at Batman….gave PS3 owners Joker DLC for free, and supposedly upcoming DLC is free too.

I’m NOT saying DLC should be free by any means. I’ve just got a sore spot for Capcom on their last “DLC” move. IMO, DLC should be content that is not on the original disc release. Such as FEAR2 Reborn, Fallout3 episodes, Prince of Persia Epilogue, GTA: Lost & Damned, etc.

4. Stephany Nunneley

No argument there what so ever! :-)

5. Gekidami

Yep, what ever this DLC is i’m sure it’ll be lame and it’ll have a price.