CSC Gameworld: Publisher announcement for Pripyat is coming soon

Tuesday, 18th August 2009 11:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

callofpripyat

CSC Gameworld has told VG247 a publisher for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat will be announced very soon, with release details for the game coming just after GamesCom.

“We are still targeting autumn this year for the release. More exact timing should be available after Gamescon,” said a rep from the developer.

“We also are about to announce the publisher.”

Deep Silver was the lot who published the last S.T.A.L.K.E.R. expansion, Clear Sky, last year. Pripyat was announced back in April.

1. Hunam

The last expansion was Clear Sky, published by Deep Silver who are owned by Koch..

2. Batsphinx

And it’s GSC Gameworld, and it wasn’t really an expansion – more of a prequel stand-alone kindof thing.

3. Hunam

I think it’s probably not even that, it’s just kind of like another game, but with the same assets. Stand-alone expansion might cover it I guess, it’s the same concept as ODST or Warhead, not addons, not sequels.

4. Batsphinx

I think my head still lives in an era where I’d eagerly buy the Duke Nukem 3D Plutonium Pack expansion from Electronics Boutique, then get all excited on the bus on the way home…

All expansions are stand-alone these days aren’t they, really. Apart from MMO ones I guess.

5. Hunam

NWN2 had proper addons, but you can see why they don’t bother, it’s just more convenient to sell it as a separate product for people who don’t want the original or have sold it on etc, plus it means they can do more with the engine than if they were to keep compatibility with the original game.