Uncharted and SOCOM: Confrontation added to PS3 Greatest Hits

Monday, 17th August 2009 19:19 GMT By Johnny Cullen

uncharted-1

SCEA’s confirmed that Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and SOCOM: US Navy Seals Confrontation has been added to the PS3′s Greatest Hits collection in the US.

They’re both on sale for $29.99. Uncharted has been in the European Platinum collection for a good year or so now, you should go pick it up for about £15.

From the US PS Blog.

1. No_PUDding

Socom Confrontation, Greatest Hits , coming out about a week after it became a good game (or so I have read), and Uncharted, 2 years after it was released near perfect. xD

Both of these statements are a little extreme, but I felt like demonstrating that some games deserve rereleases, and others don’t.

2. Gekidami

Uncharted has been a platnum in Europe for ages now, you can even get it with a DS3 for the price of a new game odd that the US gets it so late.

3. Mad-elph

The reason it took so long is that they require a sales figure of a min 1 million and atleast 12 months after release. I was waiting for Uncharted to come in with a GH since e3 2008. Glad its finally out there and on its way to my home. Thanks Sony!

4. Psychotext

“The reason it took so long is that they require a sales figure of a min 1 million”

I believe it’s 500k in the US (could be wrong).

5. Dannybuoy

and do go and pick up Uncharted. If you own a PS3 and have never played Uncharted. Then you are a missing out on (in my opinion) one of the greatest games of all time. Seriously

6. No_PUDding

Not all time. This generation maybe.

7. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’d put Uncharted in my top 20 games list of all time (not top 10, but definitley top 20).

8. No_PUDding

Well, it was stupid of me to try and correct him on his opinion, but I don’t know why I made the distinction.

It is a great game, I just think people tend to spout hyperbole. But thinking about it, it really is up there with some of my favourite games.

Especially since I rented it mid-last year and didn’t expect much from it. (I was an Assassins Creed fanboy)

9. Dr.Ghettoblaster

The only thing stupid here PUD is the $29.99 price tag for “greatest hits” games…that’s more of a “good sale”. I still think $19.99 should be the sweet spot for greatest hits…..ok, $24.99 for this generation.