Final Fantasy XIII gets 10 new shots

Monday, 27th July 2009 12:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

ffxiiia

Famitsu’s put out ten brand new screenshots of Final Fantasy XIII, showcasing the silver-haired boy who was shown for the first time in the E3 trailer.

He’s now been named as Hope Estheim.

Catch them through the link. Game’s out in Japan this coming winter for the PS3 with a spring 2010 release elsewhere for PS3 and 360.

1. Hunam

Why do able Japanese websites look like they were made with geocities?

2. Phoenixblight

DIfferent country different rules. They don’t feel like putting a site of ads all over it. They show their info and pics and move on.

3. Hunam

They do have ads on the site though. Just it looks dull and lifeless, without panache. Colours are good. Just saying.

4. Phoenixblight

dunno just cultures I guess they focus more on the info vs the art?

5. Hunam

Guess so. They are big on their mobile phone browsers though, maybe that has something to do with it.

6. Phoenixblight

They have school 6 days a week must be always on the go. I always said if USA goes to crap with censorship on videogames I am bouncing to Japan.

7. Hunam

Most of the games I play these days are from the west, so if the USA goes nuts I’ll just have to find another hobby or spend my days playing old games.

8. Phoenixblight

If THis game doesn’t do it for me it will be no more Squenix games for me just be playing the older games…

9. Hunam

At least give Versus a chance, mostly because it looks better :)

10. DaMan

Square sucks.

I wish tri-Ace would ditch them completely and get another publisher, like they already did with End of Eternity. perhaps then their games won’t be rushed like IU, which could ‘ve been better. and even Star Ocean 4 was clearly rushed as well, great game except the lame storyline.

11. Phoenixblight

@Hunam

Two words Yoshinori Kitase

He is the guy who has a hand in every great Square game
    particularly Chrono Trigger and every FF after VI. If he can’t redeem Square no one can.

12. Hunam

tri-ace!? They are rank amateurs at making games despite making them for so long.

13. DaMan

lolwut. have you played SO the Second Story? all their PS2 titles were very good as well (Till the End of Time and VP Silmeria). albeit with emphasis on gameplay and simple plots.

14. Phoenixblight

@Daman thats opinion the only game I liked from Tri Ace on the Ps2 era was Radiata stories. End of time was god awful, thats just my opinion. The last Star Ocean was even worse, rushed? hell no it was the worst story ever, kay?

15. DaMan

well, I do understand not everyone likes their games but saying that tri-Ace are ‘amateurs’ or their games suck is nonsense. the battle systems alone are amazing , if it’s your thing that is.

I do think it was rushed, they clearly spent little to no time on the plot, putting everything into battles and visuals. and yes like you said it could be written by a 16 years old. it isn’t even a mediocre plot, it’s actually weak. Till the End of Time had simple but good story, same with Silmeria.

16. Phoenixblight

To me it seems Square is putting all their eggs in one basket hopefully it pays off. Then again its Kitase-san!!

17. Johnny Cullen

Kitase and Nomura anyone?

18. Phoenixblight

I am with ya Johnny

19. Tonka

Love the muddy ground texture. I thought Twilight Princess would be the last game to feature those.