EndWar sequel in the works

Thursday, 23rd July 2009 13:01 GMT By Patrick Garratt

tomclancyendwar

Ubisoft’s Michael de Plater has told Videogamer that an Endwar sequel is definitely in the works.

“Giving more attention to the single-player is straightforward to address and will make the game a lot of fun,” said the exec.

“Changing the way the combat chain works, the paper, scissors, rock, and adding the differentiation between the three factions, again it’s not something that’s even necessarily hard to do; it’s something that we chose not to do with the accessibility.”

Ubi Shanghai’s doing it again. More through there.

1. Grimrita

All I can say is – why? The first one wasnt that great especially when compared to the brilliant World In Conflict.

But if they want to make the factions actually different, that is a good thing and I suggest taking a leaf out of Petroglyphs book with Universe at War – amazing factions shame about the clunky delivery

2. Hunam

I thought it was great fun.

3. theevilaires

I have the 1st but I haven’t played it yet. I was mainly interested in the official PS3 bluethooth headset. It was bundled at $50 so the game was practically free :-)

4. Hunam

I think I payed £17 for Endwar and the PS3 headset, which was nice.

5. hitnrun

It had its problems, but it was an outstanding play experience. If you only played the demo you missed out.

When I play other RTS, I still catch myself saying stuff like “Unit #, attack Hostile 3″ out loud.

6. fifefafe

Why the hell Endwar2 when there could of been World In Conflict2?
    And why are the same guys (Ubi Shangay)who screwed up EW 1 work on Endwar2?
    I’m really dissapointed in UBISOFT.
    EW2 definetly won’t be one of the games I will be looking forward to.