Alan Wake PC news to “come at later time,” all efforts on 360 version

Tuesday, 7th July 2009 16:14 GMT By Patrick Garratt

alanwake3

Remedy poster “Markus” – presumably Markus Mäki – has said on the Alan Wake message boards that news related to the game’s PC version is on the way.

“I’m a PC gamer at heart (have a Core i7, Radeon 4890, 5.1 audio setup at home) so I do appreciate your concerns,” he said.

“Unfortunately all I can say at this point is that we’re focusing all our efforts on the 360 version and will be making comments in regards to the PC at a later in time.”

You didn’t know there was a PC version? Alan Wake was originally announced for PC and “next generation consoles” in 2005. In May 2006, that switched to, “Format TBD for Microsoft Windows Vista and DVD for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system.”

We’re just checking to make sure that’s Markus Mäki now. Doesn’t sound very promising for the PC crowd though, does it?

1. Hunam

Is Microsoft publishing this? If so, it’s business as usual.

Now where is Halo 3 PC?

2. blackdreamhunk

well if they are making this game for only consoles I don’t want to play it. the game only got my attenion when they said alan wake was going to be cutting edge with dual core i7. If it’s not cutting edge game I don’t want it because it will be a watered down console junk. Must likely a regular action game done over and over agin on consoles. That is pretty much the only thing consoles can even handle in this day and age.

If it’s not like this I don’t want it!!!!!!

3. DrDamn

The cutting edge appears to have put a tear in a lot of frames of the action there BDH …

4. G1GAHURTZ

Do you even have a dual core i7!?

5. blackdreamhunk

I don’t have i7 yet next year i’m getting it. it’s when alot more cutting edge games are coming for the pc is coming. games like porject offset,Deus Ex 3 etc are coming. It’s not worth upgrading right now.I have super computer now.

6. G1GAHURTZ

Hey bdh, hows it going?

what spec is your PC?

7. crippledhooba

I wish I could get an i7, but if you get one, you not only need to get the cpu but you need to get a new motherboard and ram as well. Way to much hassle and money.

8. theevilaires

blackdreamhunk said: I have super computer now.

oh cool you finally got a PS3, good for you :P