Rockstar: No exact Lost and Damned figures “at this point”

Wednesday, 4th March 2009 22:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

gtaivtlada10

Rockstar said today that exact figures for day one The Lost and Damned downloads are not to be released.

Yet.

“We don’t plan on releasing numbers at this point”, a Rockstar rep told us. “But [we] will certainly be in touch if and when that changes”.

Microsoft announced last week that The Lost and Damned set a monetary Live record during its first 24 hours of availability.

The GTA IV DLC released on February 27, and follows the exploits of a character in Liberty City’s The Lost biker gang.

It’s the first of two downloadable chapters for the 360 version of GTA IV.

1. Mike

I wonder what the reason is?

2. Patrick Garratt

There’ll be a big MS announcement, I reckon.

3. Mike

Still, I wonder what the hold up is? Maybe they want to announce it along with the second set of DLC? That would make sense, p’raps.

4. Patrick Garratt

Maybe, yeah. I dunno. They’re obviously waiting for something. Maybe they want more stats for the announcement, or something.

5. Psychotext

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re looking for a landmark number. 1m or something along those lines.

6. Deanzor

Only 17 people bought it. They are sitting in their office shitting it, hoping the figures are wrong.

But they aren’t: GTA is boring. Games are all about doing yoga and shit now, ie. loads better.

7. Patrick Garratt

I might buy it one day. When I don’t work all the time I’m awake.

8. El_MUERkO

it’s either being held off for a big ms announcement or some simple maths will show ms made a loss on the first half of their $50 mil

9. Psychotext

Pat… that means never. Trust me, I’m in a similar position, except no kids (which means you’re even more screwed!).

10. Psychotext

@El_MUERkO: Only Take Two are really going to lose out if it doesn’t sell enough. As it’s a loan they’ll be paying it back at some point one way or another.

11. Patrick Garratt

Never sounds about right :)

12. Vincent

I was always under the impression that “Microsoft payed $50 million” was an Internet myth. I thought it was what Take Two expected to earn in total (revenue plus possible payment for the exclusive). But then I never saw the original source of the story, just saw people endlessly repeating it…

13. Psychotext

The money is real, it’s the fact it was an advance that most people don’t seem to understand (Edge did a big write up on it, you can read more at their site).

14. theevilaires

Hope it sells like shit. GTA4 is too big of a game to be exclusive to anyone. If it doesn’t hit their expected numbers it serves them right for taking money from the DEVIL (M$)