UK mag: Resident Evil 5 is less than 8 hours long

Monday, 23rd February 2009 11:04 GMT By Patrick Garratt

residentevil5a11

Brit mag Xbox World 360′s confirmed that its first play through of Resident Evil 5 lasted less than eight hours.

“As previously stated our first completion time, minus cut-scenes, was seven hours, thirty-six minutes and one second,” the mag said on its blog.

“For reference purposes, the total length of all the game’s cut-scenes clocks in at 80 minutes.

“This time was achieved in single player and on the normal difficulty. This was not a speed-run, nor were we pressured for time, and was not, as suggested, merely the time to complete the first three chapters of preview code.”

There’s more through the link. Resident Evil 5 ships on March 13.

1. evilashchris

How long was 4? Seemed a good length to me.

2. Blerk

That’s most definitely the shortest Resi ever. I remember playing Resi 2 for what seemed like ‘forever’.

3. Blerk

I think I put about 20-25 hours into Resi 4, iirc.

4. evilashchris

That’s what I thought. Oh dear, makes this rather short then. Mind you, it DOES have co-op, I tend to go through on that with friends after I finish a game.

5. Hero of Canton

Longer than Killzone 2, then.

For the record, it took me four and a half hours to get through the first three chapters, and I think if you were taking your time and looking for the various treasures and trinkets (and guns) then it’d be closer to 10 for the full game, assuming the latter half is roughly the same length as the first. Plus, Mercs co-op will add plenty of replay value.

6. Blerk

Unless you really hated Mercs. Like I did. :-D

7. Gekidami

Same lenght as RE4.

8. Blerk

Get away! You could not get through RE4 in less than ten hours!

9. Gekidami

Did it in just under 8 on my first play through back in the day, RE games have never been long, actually it sounds as if RE5 is set to be the longest ever.

10. Hunam

Is this guy on crack or is he the worlds best gamer?

Took me 20 hours first go, rushing most of the gameplay but watching the cutscenes.

11. Madlink

That’s quite encouraging really. I’m finding less and less time to actually sit down and play games nowadays and eight to ten hours seems just about right to me.

And like evilashchris said, co-op should offer an incentive to go through it again. I actually preferred the demo on co-op.

12. Blerk

There’s a speed-run of Resi 4 on YouTube that claims to get through it all in about 2 hours. :-D

13. Gekidami

You dont need to be the worlds best gamer to play though a very linear game with limited amounts of enemies in each area, you guys were really draging your feet…

14. evilashchris

Nah, most of us are just old, bitter and rubbish at games :D

15. 5th of November

The Record for Resident Evil 4 is on this List.

1 hour 47 minutes and 47 seconds

that’s a mighty fine time…

16. BillyBatts

You must have rushed it mate, took me at least 16-17 hours. I thought the game was pretty easy too.

17. Hero of Canton

Resi 4 took me well over 15 hours and I thought it was quite hard. Breezed through it on Wii, though, and the first half of 5 didn’t give me THAT many problems.

18. crippledhooba

I remember the reason resi 4 took so long to complete, was because I died hundreds of times.

19. ecu

I’ve completed RE4 about 30 times, by the end I was going through it in about 2 and a half hours. So you can do it in under 10, easily!

Although a first playthrough was around 15-20 hours.

20. Rhythm

First time with 4 was around the 13 hours for me. I remember because I don’t finish many games :-D

21. Hunam

Maybe it was 2 hours long, I must have got stuck on that fucking slide puzzles for 18 hours.

22. Shatner

4hoursofthatisinventorymanagementlol

23. Tonka

First RE4 playt hrough took me about 25 hrs. Think I got it down to about 9 on my 4th play through.

What a game…

24. lozahimovic

i disagree resi 4 can be done very very quickly
    less than 2 hours is more than possible
    think 1-47 or somethings the highest
    im close!
    but 1st time thorugh it takes agesssss
    but this is partly down to how suspenseful and terrifying it is, i am genuinly upset ps3 mag gave it an 8
    i can only now pray to god that it turns out amazing
    PLEASE