Yakuza 3 gets PSN demo tomorrow, 38/40 in Famitsu

Wednesday, 18th February 2009 09:00 GMT By Mike

yakuza3ryu1b

Famitsu’s gievn Sega open-worlder Yakuza 3 a 38/40 review score.

To celebrate, Sega will release a demo on the Japanese PSN tomorrow, which will weigh in at 1.22Gb.

Sega has already told us that there are no plans for Yakuza 3 hitting the West any time soon.

Other notable scores in this week’s mag include Halo Wars, which scored 32/40, and, of course, High School Musical Wii, which unfortunately was only awarded 27/40.

Thanks, Gaf.

1. Retroid

I’ll be signing into my Jap account tomorrow, then!

2. Mike

Me too. Gotta see it really. I’ve written about 800 news stories about the game so playing it would be nice.

3. Blerk

One of my biggest regrets about jumping from the Sony ship is “no more Yakuza”. Although Sega seem sort of intent on making it everyone in the West’s regret, not just the defectors.

4. ChrisPilote

All we need are english subs…why are they denying this game to us? *cry*

5. LeD

Btw, is the first Yakuza any good? A shop near me has a cheap copy, so I’m kinda tempted…

6. Blerk

Yes, it’s super-awesome. Loading times are a little irritating on the first game, but aside from that it’s a blast. And they fixed the loading times for the sequel.

That said… some people totally hate it. But they are wrong and stupid. And wrong.

7. ChrisPilote

I second Blerk. Go and get it.

8. Whizzo

First one is great, I really need to get around to finishing the second too.

9. Rhythm

Both Yakuza games are *stunning*, with the 2nd actually being a huge improvement over the first, too. The trailers for 3 have looked *awesome* and I can’t believe Sega are going to deny us a subbed version :-(

10. Retroid

One of the reasons I’ve got the second and not the first is the sub / dub choice, though.

Some of the clips I’ve heard from the first sounded bloody awful.

/Wonders what the chances are of Sega including english-language subs in this release are, considering some japanese DVD releases have them

11. Blerk

The dub is occasionally a bit wonky, but on the whole it’s reasonable enough. Some of the performances are actually really good.

It ‘feels’ better in Japanese, though – I was glad they went with the subs for the sequel. Which makes it all the more weird that they don’t appear to have bothered with English subs ‘by default’ on this one. I can only surmise they left them out on purpose to stop people from importing it, just in case they ever decide to release it outside of Japan. Which sucks. :-(

12. El_MUERkO