IGN has first Fallout 3 hands-on

Monday, 14th July 2008 09:53 GMT By Mike

fallout320.jpg

IGN has published the first Fallout 3 hands-on and it’s positive, to say the least.

“Before I go on, though, please understand — calling Fallout 3 one of the most impressive videogames of the year in a season that has already brought us Metal Gear Solid 4 and Grand Theft Auto IV isn’t meant to be hyperbole,” says the piece.

“Even in its unoptimized stage (all the content is there, development is just about polish from now until October), Fallout 3 is still one of the most engaging and playable titles this side of Liberty City… and I’ve only tested it for about an hour.”

We want it, we know you want it, this just makes us want it more. New screens here. Full thing through the link.

By Mike Bowden

1. Psychotext

I have the overwhelming urge to post this news at nma. They need to get on board eventually… even if it’s just because I’m going to be relying on them to get to work on the fan patches. :)

2. Blerk

I’m really looking forward to this, for some reason. Despite me not really getting on with most western RPGs and having never played a Fallout game before.

3. deanimate

“I have the overwhelming urge to post this news at nma…”
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i quiteliterally almost jumped out my chair then to grab and pull you back to safety.
    then i remembered…

seriously man its a dream that will probably stay a dream until a mass suicide at NMA happens.
    dont get me wrong i love Fallout and NMA has done some really cool stuff but the negativity there is a bit much.
    hopefully the damn e3 trailer will answer a few questions and stem some of the negativity (unless it sucks).

4. Blerk

What’s NMA?

5. Whizzo

You really don’t want to know.

6. Blerk

New Model Army? :-D

7. deanimate

whats NMA?!?!?! are you a fallout fan? NMA is No Mutants Allowed. http://www.nma-fallout.com
    very popular fallout site that isn’t exactly singing fallout 3′s praises.

8. Blerk