A release date has been handed to the first free Dishonored 2 update.
As previously reported, with New Game Plus Dishonored 2 players will be able to combine Emily’s abilities with Corvo’s signature powers to create custom combos.
New Game Plus is unlocked once the player completes the game as either character. The player will then start the game over with each hero’s full suite of abilities plus all the Bonecharm Traits and Runes collected from the previous playthrough. These can also be re-assigned.
Along with the new game mode, a title update will be included withe the download. The release notes are below.
GAME UPDATE 1 RELEASE NOTES
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues
The update is currently in beta an releases today on Steam for PC if you want to try it out.
More customization options will arrive in January when the second free update drops. It comes with two new features: Mission Select and additional Custom Difficulty Settings. More details on this particular update will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Dishonored 2's New Game Plus update will be released on December 19 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.