I'm so ronery, so ronery. Mondays in Australia, while everyone else on the Internet is off slacking for Sunday, are the worst.
A quiet day today, but that's probably a good thing - gamescom is just around the corner and we'll be in madness mode then. In this gentle pause we have time to reflect nostalgically - see Metroid's 25th anniversary, and closing up Xbox mania from last week, a look at some of the system's definitional games.
Keep an eye out over the next few hours, too - there's an embargo coming up and we'll have a tasty feature for you then.
If you missed much over the weekend, Pat'll have his Bulletcast up and running shortly, summarising the best and brightest from the break.
- Minecraft XBLA to follow PC release pattern
Do we have a VG247 server? If not, I think we'd better correct that. I'll ask the boss.
- World's keenest achievement hound tops 600,000 gamerscore
In the process of researching this article, I checked my own Gamerscore. It's 400,000. #epeen #lies
- World's first police raid on PS3 jailbreak operation
There are very few ways to make easy money within the bounds of the law. Dammit.
- Dead Island stars in new Facebook apps
Dead island has over 200,000 fans on Facebook. Deep Silver has dollar signs in its eyes.
- Bastion PC to hit Australia August 17
Obvious news is obvious, but it's nice to see Warner Bros. making a push to promote the game.
- Metroid celebrates 25th anniversary
One of the few major Nintendo franchises Shigeru Miyamoto didn't initiate. It's always felt grown-up to me.
- Five minutes of Sonic Generations video
Awww, listen to that soundtrack! Love.
- Analysts call for Vita price drop in wake of 3DS cut
In Friday's Bulletcast, Pat said people won't buy something they don't want just because it's cheap. So I hope lots of you want a Vita. I do! Schwing.
- Treyarch offers exclusive swag in charity auction
Want some stuff? Drop a few dollars in the hat.
- Report - North Korean 'hacker army' targets MMOs
Man, I don't know. People say a lot of wild things about North Korea.
- NPD Australia H1 shows shooters back on top
It sold a whole 17 copies. Oh burn!
- Jaffe: "60 bucks is a shit ton to ask" for entertainment
David Jaffe wants his game to be the best it can, since you are going to give him money for it. An unusual perspective.
- Binary Domain to feature headset conversations with NPCs
This game sounds sweet.