If you played Black Ops Cold War over the weekend, you may have noticed a few hiccups.
On Saturday, Treyarch rolled out a new update to bring fixes to some of the bugs introduced with the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War mid-season update, which came out last week.
Most of the fixes in the February 6 patch are for the new Firebase Z Zombies map, but there’s one big change for multiplayer.
Treyarch has lessened the speed and jump height penalties when landing from a jump, which makes it slightly easier to jump shop. This change was seemingly made in response to feedback about a slight nerf to jump-shotting made last week, something Treyarch had not communicated.
In Zombies, Treyarch made a couple of crash fixes in Firebase Z, particularly when using the Jump Pads, Essence Traps, Tombstone Soda and when playing Assault Rounds – practically all of the new elements in Firebase Z.
Read on below for the full change log.
- Slightly reduced penalties to speed and jump height when landing from a jump.
- Fixed a rare crash related to Gunfight.
- Addressed an issue where shooting down a Care Package helicopter with a launcher would not destroy it
- Fixed multiple crashes related to Jump Pads, Assault Rounds, Essence Traps, Tombstone Soda, Hellhounds, and the Mimic in “Firebase Z.”
- Addressed an issue where the Orda would not fire its secondary attacks appropriately.
- Addressed issues that allowed the player to get on top of the Fire Control Unit in the Defense Lines.
- Addressed an issue with Medals showing incorrect info (Fake Out, Hold the Line).
- Fixed description tab time and score limit for multiple modes.