Larian has released the first patch for Baldur’s Gate 3 along with some interesting player stats.
Baldur’s Gate 3 released through Early Access on October 6, and since that time, a couple of hotfixes have been released. Yesterday, the team released the first patch for the game, along with some player stats related to death.
According to the stats, there’s a “huge spike” in deaths around the arena where you first meet Gale. While traditionally a non-combat encounter, players can enter into combat at any moment if they so wish. This suggests many players are engaging in combat with Gale – who has died 333,757 times. Poor fella.
As a party member, Gale has a kill rate four times higher than any other NPC in the game.
Shadowheart is the only companion to die more than the player character, and the Owlbear Cub has killed around 5,717 players.
As a result of interrupting the “intimate moments” of Orges and Bug Bears, 4,000 people have died.
Also, if you died at the crash site in your encounter with the fallen Mind Flayer, so have 3,753 others.
Death seems to be a big theme in the game.
Alongside the stats, a patch was released and you can look over the notes for Patch 1 below. Upon applying the patch, you will notice better stability, fewer glitches, and more polish.
- Added polish and bug fixes to several in-game cinematics, such as Shadow Heart recruitment, Astarion recruitment, and Volo’s Poem. (These will be ongoing throughout EA).
- Added minor text tweaks to various bits and bobs.
- Altered certain dialogue choices for different NPCs.
- Added extra combat tutorial messages to better explain the basics (let us know how you get on).
- Astarion no longer thinks Lae’zel inspected you at camp when she is not in your party. Quite rightly.
- Fixed a crash related to having the level up screen open while in a dialog.
- Fixed a crash related to dropping items from inventory.
- Fixed a rare crash that could happen at the start of combat.
- Fixed a possible blocking issue when using the transponder at the end of the tutorial twice.
- Fixed black screen issue when ending tutorial if the transponder was used by any character that is not the main player avatar.
- Fixed a possible blocking issue when reassigning characters to other players while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with lip sync not working correctly.
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed combat UI not updating correctly when someone joined during combat.
- Fixed party shared gold and items not always working in dialog checks.
- Fixed summons from NPC’s getting stuck in combat.
- Fixed leveled up characters having duplicated racial and class features.
- Fixed not being able to level up to level 4 on a Zariel Tiefling Cleric of Light due to cantrip selection.
- Fixed text cut-off issues in several interfaces.
- Fixed party members getting stuck trying to open doors they run past.
- Fixed listening in to dialogs getting stuck in multiplayer, also causing players not being able to save.
- Fixed camp button being broken after closing the camp window with escape key.
- Fixed “end the day” multiplayer message being broken if a player closed it with an escape key.
- Fixed certain quests not having map markers.
- Fixed certain secret entrances incorrectly showing up on the map.
- Fixed incorrect player portraits in the lobby screen as more people joined.
- Fixed Cambion wings and Tiefling tail animations.
- Fixed map not centering correctly on player characters in smaller subregions.
- Fixed health values not being synced correctly to the Baldur’s Gate 3 twitch extension.
- Fixed superiority die not showing actual values when using abilities such as Menacing attack.
- Fixed minor issues with hair, skinning, and textures on several models.
- Fixed lighting issue in owlbear cave.
- Fixed not being able to walk over corpses.
- Tweaked ragdolls to reduce the possibility of models exploding (or glitching).