If you head over to Steam, you can give a new demo for 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a try.
A 9 Monkeys of Shaolin demo is now available on Steam ahead of its release later this month.
The Steam demo includes the first chapter of the campaign and can be played in both single-player and co-op. C0-op can be played online, or through local two-player split-screen (thanks, Blue).
In the game, you play as a fisherman names Wei Cheng, who is out to avenge the death of your friends and family who killed during a pirate raid on your village.
The action is based almost entirely around staves and polearms, with a focus on fighting moves such as planting your feet, unleashing air combos and juggles, and a magic element. As you play, you’ll be able to further invest in the different styles by unlocking perks.
The game’s main villain is “quite a tough nut to crack” as he knows the basics of ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks.
Below is a list of key features:
- Three unique fighting styles – Fight on earth, in the air, or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy in your way
- Captivating narrative – Discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts
- Stunning visual style – Unique combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene that appears on the screen
- Extensive character development system – You learn multiple paths to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items, and fighting styles
- More than 25 different levels – Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins, and many more
- Co-op play – Invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together