Robotality and Chucklefish have released turn-based strategy adventure Pathway on the Epic Games Store, and it’s currently free.
Pathway and its Adventurers Wanted update is now free on the Epic Games Store until June 25.
First launched in 2019, the game has been updated with new AI and game balancing, new tactics and abilities, a new loot system, new combat arenas, and even more special narrative events and story.
The game is set in the year 1936 where Nazi influence has stretched across Europe and the Middle East. In the game, you and your team will venture to the deserts of North Africa to “unearth ancient relics and uncover hidden treasures before they fall into evil hands.”
Here’s more on the game:
- Dynamic Adventures – Discover five campaigns of varying difficulty, with every attempt spawning a new web of narrative surprises and deadly skirmishes.
- Tough Choices – Explored locations offer hand-crafted narrative events and big choices. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- Build your Team of Adventurers– Each of Pathway’s 16 unlockable characters has their own skills and quirks which impact combat and story encounters.
- Decisive Conflicts – Use cover and positioning in thrilling turn-based squad combat. Learn to make the best of your team’s abilities and equipment to defeat the forces of evil!
- Hidden Treasures – Trade-in valuable loot to upgrade your team’s arsenal with rare weapons and armor.
- Recover and Replay – Experiment with different team combinations and abilities until your foes have been vanquished!
After the free period ends June 25, you will find the game on Steam and the Epic Games Store for its usual price of £12.99 / $15.99 / €13.99.
Next week on the store, the free games will be Stranger Things 3: The Game and AER Memories of Old.