Hellpoint, the Souls-like sci-fi RPG developed by Cradle Games, has a release date.
Launched on Kickstarter in 2017, the crowd-funded Hellpoint will be released on April 16.
The tinyBuild-published title features a dark, sci-fi atmosphere set on a derelict space station called Irid Novo which is orbiting a black hole. In it, you are faced with the aftermath of a quantum cataclysm called the Merge. What happens next is entirely up to the player.
It was inspired by titles such as Dark Souls and Dead Space and movies like Event Horizon and Hellraiser. That should give you an idea of what to expect if the trailer isn’t enough for you.
If you need some companionship while playing, the game features co-op with both split-screen and online support.
Here’s a list of key features:
- Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting: Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
- Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers.
- Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master; slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
- Jump-in co-op and PvP multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for some assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.
- Split-screen support: The full Hellpoint experience is available in jump-in/jump-out split-screen multiplayer.
The game will be made available on PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.