Season 2 for Soulcalibur 6 kicks off next week with new characters, battle mechanics, and balance adjustments.
Soulcalibur 6 Season 2 kicks off on November 26 and brings with it new paid DLC characters, along with an update featuring improvements to fighters’ balance, and new moves for all characters.
An update for all players will also include new Battle Mechanics such as the Soul Attack, which is a strengthened strike, and the Resist Impact which is a defense move “capable of repelling any attack” including currently unblockable attacks.
Two new stages will be included with the update.
The new DLC character is Hilde, and later Haohmaru from Samurai Shodown and another character will be added for the season.
Notes for the Ver. 2.00 update are below. Once the patch is applied, replay data from previous versions can no longer be replayed due to gameplay fixes and improvements.
Soulcalibur 6 Ver. 2.00 update
Compatibility Support of “Season Pass 2”
- This update includes compatibility support of “Season Pass 2”. The pass will be available from November 26.
Compatibility Support of the paid DLC7 (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
- This update includes compatibility support of the paid DLC7 playable character “Hilde”.
- “Hilde” will be available from November 26th.
- Please note that “Hilde” is included in “Season Pass 2”.
Compatibility Support of the paid DLC8 (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
- This update includes compatibility support of the paid DLC8 “Creation Parts Set C”.
- “Creation Parts Set C” will be available from November 26th.
- Please note that “Creation Parts Set C” is included in “Season Pass 2”.
Additional Creation Items (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
The following Creation Items will be available for everyone after installing this update.
- Crown Princess Helm
- Crown Princess Helm (Visor Up)
- Crown Princess Armor
- Crown Princess Attire
- Crown Princess Footwear
Additional Stages (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
The following stages will be available for everyone after installing this update.
- Silver Wolves’ Haven
- Grand Labyrinth – Sealed Corridor
Grand Labyrinth – Sealed Corridor is available only in Training mode.
Battle Adjustments (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
- Brand new moves will be added to each character.
- New Battle System “Soul Attack” will be added to the game.
- New Battle System “Resist Impact” will be added to the game.
- With this update, Reversal Edge will not shift to Reversal Edge clash when the opponent guards the attack.
- With this update, a character will receive slight damage even when a grapple break is successful (a character will not get knocked out by this damage).
- We will also make some modifications on gameplay and balance adjustments.
- We will add an explanation regarding the new battle system to Tutorial Battle in MISSION: Libra of Soul. (Players can learn about the battle systems in “Drona’s Dojo” in MISSION: Libra of Soul.)
- We will add an explanation regarding the new battle system to Combat Lessons in MUSEUM.
- Due to the addition of new moves and the balance adjustment, we will update the content of Fighting Style Lessons in MUSEUM.
NETWORK Adjustments (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
- In RANKED MATCH, we will make a player’s rank move up and down more frequently by adjusting the number of points that increase/decrease.
This update is intended to make the rank reflect the players’ skills rather than the number of times they have played.
- In RANKED MATCH, players will be given names according to their ranks.
- Accordingly, the plate design will be renewed to match the names of each rank.
- In RANKED MATCH, we will inform the player before a match that will affect the player’s ranks.
- In RANKED MATCH, we will inform the player after a match when the player’s rank changes.
- “Search” will be optimized in RANKED MATCH.
- In CASUAL MATCH, we will add text chat to allow players to communicate freely.
- In CASUAL MATCH, we will add new fixed phrases.
- Requirements for uploading replays in the Latest Replays will be changed.
Additional Functions (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
- We will renew certain UI such as Select Character, Select Stage and Health Gauge.
- In TRAINING, we will add functions that accommodate the addition of new battle systems.
- In OPTION, 1 action can now be allocated to 2 different buttons.
Additional Functions for PS4 (PS4)
- We will add “PS4™ Tournaments” to NETWORK. – It is a new mode that supports tournaments sponsored by ESL.
Game System Adjustments (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
- We will fix an issue where the wrong character’s voice gets played during battles.
- Some text will be revised.
- We will also make changes that accompany various changes in Season 2 and make improvements to the stability of several movements.
CHARACTER CREATION Adjustments (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
- We will fix an issue where the facial expressions of some characters becomes different from the expected expression when those characters wear “Great Helm” or “Tracksuit Pants”.
- There is an issue where when “War Maiden’s Costume” is worn together with “YoRHa Unit Number Two Standard Armor (COLOR2)” or “YoRHa Unit Number Two Skirtless (COLOR2)”, the parts sink very deep into the body of the character wearing them. We will fix this issue by disallowing to wear these parts together.
It will be the same setting as the (COLOR1) version.
- We will fix an issue where some arm parts would not be displayed properly when they are worn together with “Purge Half-Armor”.
- With this update, “Rubber Mask” and “Destruction Mask” will not be able to be worn together.
- This change will not affect the variations of character appearance a player can create, as they are the combination that, when worn together, would not be displayed.
BAN policies for players who violate the EULA (End User License Agreement) (PS4/Xbox One/STEAM)
- We will enforce bans on players who have been confirmed to have violated the EULA that is agreed upon when they first play the game. Please note that players who are repeatedly reported to have violated the EULA are subject to the ban once we confirm such violation has actually taken place.