Destiny 2 received a big new patch this week.
Update 2.2.1 is available now for all Destiny 2 players. Many of the update’s major additions were revealed ahead of time by Bungie, most notable of which being the changes to all Arc subclasses.
Setting aside the bug that made a PS4-exclusive Exotic available on PC, and Xbox One, there’s a few other additions worth highlighting.
First, Bungie increased drop rates for items at a few key locations. The Last Wish raid, and the Dreaming City’s cosmetics should now drop more frequently. The same goes for the chance to receive One Thousand Voices from the raid. Bungie is also increasing the drop rate of lore books.
The long-awaited Exotic weapon Catalysts have arrived – for four weapons to be exact. Prospector, Rat King, Hard Light, and Suros Regime will have their new Catalysts drop in Nightfalls, strikes, and the Crucible.
Update 2.2.1 also brings the first round of balance changes for Reckoning, and Gambit Prime. We’ve included those below since they’re significant enough, but you see the full change log on Bungie.net.
- Reckoning Tier 2 and Tier 3 boss kills now always have a chance to award a Gambit Prime weapon
- Chances for weapon rewards increase each time a boss is killed without a weapon drop
- Players near the bank should no longer be able to see waypoints until they jump through the portal
- Fixed an issue where the Tier 1 Deceived Nokris was not summoning its Taken Warbeasts
-When players jump through the portal, they should be placed in one of three active locations:
- Anytime before players begin capturing the bridge: over the horde mode area
- Anytime after players begin capturing the bridge, before they fully capture the bridge: at the beginning of the bridge
- After players fully capture the bridge and begin the boss fight: at the end of the bridge
- Some Reckoning weapons now have a chance to drop as match completion rewards from Gambit Prime
- Chances increase after each Gambit Prime match without a weapon drop
- An invasion kill now heals 8% of the Primeval’s health, down from 12%
- The invasion portal cooldown time during the Primeval phase has been increased to 40 seconds, up from 30 seconds
- This cooldown triggers after a player has been killed or successfully returns from an invasion
- Fixed an issue where all Gambit medals that shipped in Forsaken were not displaying in the HUD when players earned them in Prime
- Fixed an issue where the Primeval Hobgoblin was not functioning properly in Gambit Prime
- Boss reintroduced to Gambit Prime
- Fixed an issue where killing players in subsequent Wells of Light would unintentionally count towards earning the “Well Well Well” medal
- Fixed on issue on Deep Six and New Arcadia where the Ascendant Primeval Servitor wasn’t summoning Immunity Blights
- The Burrow front on Deep Six had some minor adjustments to reduce combatant/environment collisions