Crackdown 3, the long-awaited sequel in the fan-favourite Microsoft franchise, is out soon, but you can play the game’s Wrecking Zone multiplayer mode early.
Via a post on the News Wire, Microsoft announced that Wrecking Zone is getting a Technical Stress Test in February on both Xbox One and PC – not only putting their servers through their paces, but giving eager players a chance to try Crackdown’s explosive PvP as well.
The Stress Test will take place in two 120 minute parts, both on February 7, one during the daytime and one in evening or early morning depending on your timezone.
Crackdown 3 Stress Test start time and end time
Thursday February 7 –
- 12PM – 2PM PST (8PM – 10PM UK time, 3PM – 5PM Eastern)
- 7PM – 9PM PST (3AM – 5AM February 8 UK time, 10pm – 12am Eastern)
You’ll be able to pre-load the game three hours before the first test goes live.
How to join the Crackdown 3 Stress Test
To actually participate in the test, here are the instructions that Microsoft listed. Basically, you just need to go into the Xbox Insider Hub app three hours before the times listed above and find the test:
- On your Xbox One console or Windows 10 PC, sign in and launch the Xbox Insider Hub app. You’ll be able to register and begin installing the game starting Thursday, February 7th, at 9 a.m. PST. Install early so you’ll be prepared for the playtest times listed below! (Search for Xbox Insider Hub in the Store to install if you don’t already have it).
- Navigate to Insider content > Games > Wrecking Zone: Technical Test.
- Select Join.
- Wait for the registration to complete (Pending will switch to Manage), and you’ll be redirected to the Store where you can install Crackdown 3: Wrecking Zone.
- Launch the game during the available playtest times and select “Agent Hunter” to queue up for a multiplayer match.