A new mode called Gun Rush goes live for Red Dead Online today.
Gun Rush is a new 32-player mode for Red Dead Online which tasks you with gathering weapons and ammunition while the play area shrinks.
It is playable in Free-for-all and Team variations, and the last one standing wins.
Xbox One users can also now access the Red Chestnut Arabian Horse, Alligator Skin Ranch Cutter Saddle, and the High Roller Double-Action Revolver in the beta.
More updates to the Red Dead Online beta are in the works, including Races and Showdown Modes, along with new clothing and emotes.
You can expect more features, refinements, and stability improvements to be applied over the course of the beta.
Additional changes based on player feedback are planned and include the following, per Rockstar.
- Daily Challenges: Tackle new challenges each day covering every aspect of the game, from sharpshooting to evading the law.
- Law and Bounty Upgrades: Some changes are coming to the way the Law and Bounty systems work in Red Dead Online to reduce the enticements for griefing. Soon, players will get a bounty for committing crimes and will be incentivized to pay them off within an allotted time. Wait too long and bounty hunters from each of the states will track the player forcing them to either pay up or escape.
- Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition.
- Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance.
More to Come this year
- All-new missions to build on your Story in A Land Of Opportunities – from previously established characters like Horley and Jessica LeClerk, and some new ones as well.
- A range of Dynamic Events throughout the world
- Lots of new competitive modes including new Showdown Modes and Races
- New weapons and clothing
- Lots more not ready to be shared just yet
Rockstar says Red Dead Online will stay in beta for a few more months. If you’re just jumping in, here’s some tips and tricks for missions, multiplayer modes and general open world survival.