Treyarch has rolled out a new Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 update overnight that brings back a game mode from Black Ops 3, and adds two new map variants.
The November 27 update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, available now on all platforms, adds Seaside Sunset, and Firing Range Night maps. If you haven’t guessed from their names, these are variants of existing multiplayer maps that feature big changes to their weather and time of day.
The two maps join the existing roster for players on all platforms. Safeguard, the multiplayer mode from Black Ops 3, was also added as part of this update. Available exclusively on PS4 for a week, the mode is unchanged from Black Ops 3, most notably featuring a robot players will have to escort.
The Bowie knife, which PS4 players have been able to find in Blackout stashes for a week, has now made its way onto other platforms. The knife is a one-hit kill. Character unlock missions for Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen have returned, though only on PS4.
Likewise, PS4 players will once again have a chance to fight the Blightfather in Blackout, and Treyarch readjusted the boss’ health in solos and duos.
Finally, Zombies mode got even more stability fixes, particularly on the map 9. Check out the full change log below.
- Improved Torque tutorial mission scripting
-After Action Report
- After Action Report in Multiplayer and Blackout will now display all earned Tier Rewards and allow the player to scroll through the Tier Rewards menu.
- Featured Playlist changed to Safeguard (PS4) / Hardcore Mercenary Moshpit (Xbox One and PC).
- Hardcore Nuketown added to Featured category.
- Chaos Hardpoint added to Featured category (6v6, random HP spawns, score limit 1000).
- Mercenary Objective Moshpit added to Featured category (5v5, Domination, Hardpoint, Control, Search & Destroy, Heist).
- Added Seaside Sunset and Firing Range Night to all playlists.
- Closed exploits in Nuketown that allowed Ruin to grapple outside of the map.
- Resolved an issue where the scoreboard would flash on screen after ending a game on Nuketown.
- Resolved an issue on Summit that allowed Care Packages deployed on a ramp in the eastern part of the map to float.
- Resolved an issue that removed an attachment from weapons with maximum attachments and a Clan Tag or Kill Counter equipped.
- Tactical Mask Challenge now properly tracks kills while an enemy Counter UAV is active.
- Bowie Knife now available in Equipment Stashes, as a random drop from killing Zombies, and as a randomised item spawn in Zombies-themed locations on all platforms.
- Zombies Origins Character Missions (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen) now available to find and complete (PS4).
- Blightfather event enabled in all playlists (PS4).
- Reduced the health of the Blightfather in Solo and Duo playlists.
- Resolved an issue where sliding under a Blade Trap without taking damage would not contribute to another player’s challenge.
- Fixed a crash that could occur occasionally when using Anywhere But Here.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a player disconnected while another player was downed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when a player disconnected during Fast Travel.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when killing enemies with traps in IX.
- Fixed additional crashes related to a player helping another with challenges in IX.