Bungie put out a new Destiny 2: Forsaken hotfix before the week is over.
Hotfix 188.8.131.52 rolled out yesterday for all Destiny 2: Forsaken players. The update fixes a few bugs, but also makes changes to some of the problems reported by players since launch.
The biggest change is a simplification of the first step in the Ace of Spades Exotic quest (Cayde’s Will). Previously, players needed to kill five invaders in Gambit using hand cannons to advance to the next step. Now, this can also be done by killing general enemies in Gambit.
In the Blind Well, Forsaken’s horde mode available to players in the Dreaming City, an exploit made it easier for owners of Telesto to go through the various rounds. This has now been fixed.
The Dreaming City and its activities also saw a couple of changes in the hotfix. First, the Offering to the Oracle item has been moved to Pursuits instead of consumables. The Dreaming City weekly challenge will now also require two weekly bounty completions.
Check out the full set of notes below:
- Fixed an issue where Barons were providing Legendary rewards outside of Heroic adventures
- Barons in Heroic adventures now reward one guaranteed Legendary per day
- Subsequent kills grant Legendary rewards at a reduced rate
- Fixed an issue where players can get stuck with the Origin Story or the Last Dance weapons if they use the character level boost after obtaining them in Homecoming
- Fixed an issue where BrayTech Legendary Scout Rifle dismantled into Mod Components
- The Offering to the Oracle now sorts to the Pursuits bucket, rather than Consumables
- Removed the weekly bounty that required players to redeem an Offering for the Oracle
- The Dreaming City weekly challenge now requires only two weekly bounty completions
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would improperly spawn chests after being killed
- Players can no longer obtain Dreaming City rewards when repeating the mission “Awakening”
- Fixed an issue where Telesto could be used to accelerate progression of objectives in the Blind Well
- Players may now progress the “Cayde’s Will” quest step by defeating either invaders or general enemies with Hand Cannons
- Turned off rejoin functionality in Gambit
For everything else you need to know about the expansion, hit up our Destiny 2: Forsaken guide. You’ll find plenty of tips on how to reach the Power level cap, the best ways of tackling Dreaming City challenges, a Last Wish raid guide and more.