The Call of Duty: Black Opes 4 – Blackout beta has kicked into full gear on Xbox One and PC this weekend, but that doesn’t mean Treyarch are resting on their laurels.
Xbox One and PC pre-order customers were let into the Blackout beta for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 yesterday. It is now in open beta on PC, too.
As with prior days on PS4 leading up to this weekend, Treyarch has updated contents of the Blackout beta and fine-tuned a few things.
Today the studio added the Close Quarters Frenzy playlist for duos. It combines the Fast Collapse and Close Quarters playlists into one. Players will need to survive the Collapse using only SMGs, shotguns, handguns, and fisticuffs.
The following Black Ops 4 Zombies and Origins characters have been unlocked in the Character menu: Bruno, Diego, Scarlett, Stanton, Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, and Richtofen.
Players will notice the maximum player count has been increased to 88 per match on Xbox One and PC, which is how it stands on PS4.
Beta players will see a reduction in the frequency of Level 3 Armor drops, tweaks to the SG12 shotgun, and more.
A list of issues reported are also being tracked. These include Aim Assist tracking, invite issues on Xbox One, and crashing on PC.
Updates made to the Blackout beta today are below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – Blackout beta update 6
- PC Open Beta now live
- Maximum player count raised to up to 88 per match on Xbox One and PC
- Changed Featured playlist to Close Quarters Frenzy (Duos only)
- Faster Collapse with SMGs, shotguns, handguns, and fists only
- Black Ops 4 Zombies cast unlocked in Character menu (Bruno, Diego, Scarlett, Stanton)
- Origins cast unlocked in Character menu (Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen)
- General stability fixes
- Improved Killcam to only show relevant player names
- Item Spawns
- Reduced the spawn frequency of Level 3 Armor, VAPR-XKG, and Koshka
- Increased SG12 semi-auto shotgun damage at medium range
- Decreased the maximum number of most types of Equipment a player can carry in an Inventory slot
General fixes specific to PC
- General stability and UI fixes
- Killcam enabled
- Fixes for After Action Report stat tracking
Here’s the list of Blackout issues the team is currently tracking:
- Aim Assist Tracking: Some players have experienced Aim Assist causing their reticles to slightly track enemies through hard surfaces. We’re aware of the issue and are investigating.
- Dying During Initial Wingsuit Deployment: Occasionally, some players have been eliminated immediately after deploying from the helicopter. We have to admit this one can be funny to watch… but not so much when it happens to you. We’re on the case.
- Invite Issues on Xbox One: We’ve seen reports of issues with trying to invite friends to a party on Xbox One. We’re actively tracking this issue. In the meantime, try joining on a friend through the Social menu instead.
- Crashes/Launch Issues on PC: Yesterday was the first day of the PC Beta, and as such, we’re tracking a handful of reasons for crashes and issues launching the game across various PC setups.