Onimusha: Warlords is getting a remaster for PC and consoles along with updated features to “improve your demon-slaying adventure.”
Capcom announced a remastered version of Onimusha: Warlords today for PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One. It will be released in mid-January.
The game will release with updated features including high-definition graphics, a widescreen display option, analog stick support, Easy Mode option, and new soundtrack.
Storyline: “Onimusha: Warlords follows the battle-filled journey of samurai Samanosuke Akechi and ninja Kaede on a quest to save Princess Yuki from a legion of mysterious demons who have invaded Inabayama Castle.
“As the two travel throughout the castle, they unravel a malevolent plot by those who would serve the evil lord Nobunaga Oda. Using sword-based combat, a magical Oni Gauntlet and puzzle solving, players need to call on both brawn and creativity to defeat the demonic foes.”
Onimusha: Warlords – features
- High-Definition Graphics – Characters, background graphics, and cut scenes have been given a high-definition upgrade to enhance the visibility on your quest to save the princess.
- Widescreen Support/New Display Options – Both the original game’s display (4:3) and more standard widescreen display (16:9) are supported. Display settings can be changed between 4:3 and 16:9 at any time in-game. Specific screens, including parts of the menu screen, are fixed at either 16:9 or 4:3.
- Screen Scroll Feature – A screen scroll feature has also been added for widescreen display. The background scrolls up and down according to players’ movements, showing areas that can’t be fully displayed from certain positions.
- Analog Stick Support – In addition to the controls from the original, this new release allows players to move using analog sticks. This added feature makes it easier to move instinctively and change directions quickly.
- Easy Mode Available From Start – Easy Mode is unlocked for players from the start of gameplay, which wasn’t available in the original game. This addition makes it easier for both newcomers and those who haven’t played Onimusha: Warlords for a while to dive into this world right away.
- New Soundtrack – A brand new soundtrack and Japanese voices have been recorded to accompany the newest release of Onimusha: Warlords.
Originally released for PS2 in 2001, the game sold over 2 million copies worldwide.
Onimusha: Warlords will be released on January 15 for $19.99 or the regional equivalent.
In North America, both the PS4 and Xbox One versions will have a physical and digital copy. It will be released as a digital-only title for Switch and Steam. It will be released as a digital-only title in Europe for all platforms.