We’re looking for a talented person to join us on VG247 through our busiest months of the year – September, October and November, 2018.
Yes, this is a paid role. So, what’s it all about?
VG247 has had massive success with its guide pages over the past three years. The more we write, the more important these pages become to us. Success enables us to create more guide pages, but also more diverse features, reviews and interviews, as well as branch out to cover more games and genres. We’re unashamedly mainstream in what we cover, and we want to do more of it.
We need someone to help update and maintain our biggest guide pages. In return we’ll teach you everything you need to know about SEO (that’s search engine optimisation) and publishing eyeball-grabbing content in 2018. We’ll teach you the sort of skills that websites are screaming out for. You’ll learn from experienced journalists, writers and editors with years of experience between them.
This isn’t a creative writing role. It will teach you a specific set of skills that you can take with you into the future, complete with the stats to back up the popularity of your work. Basically, if you want a future job as a paid games writer, guides and SEO knowledge is your best way in.
Here’s all the details:
- To update, rewrite and republish guide content pages. These pages are some of the most heavily trafficked pages on VG247 and crucial to the site’s continued growth.
- Create pages using proven SEO best practise and based on detailed analysis and statistics.
- Identify opportunities to update and improve existing guide pages, as well as create new pages based on updates to live games.
- Work closely with the existing VG247 editorial team to write and create new guide pages for new and popular games.
- You will work to hourly and daily deadlines.
- This is an entry level position and is paid accordingly.
- Be available for a three month position beginning September 2018. There may be an opportunity to extend this into a full-time position in 2019.
- This is a full-time position for three months, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm.
- The successful intern will need to be based in the UK but this is a working from home position. As such you will be expected to have access to a decent quality PC and a home console.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and to be able to follow detailed instructions.
- Have strong knowledge of multiplayer online games, single-player RPGs and loot-shooters; Fortnite, Destiny, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Dark Souls, The Witcher, Realm Royale, World of Warcraft, GTA Online, etc.
- Be able to write to a clear and concise standard.
- A basic understanding of SEO best practise.
- Working knowledge of image and video editing packages an advantage.
To apply send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is August 14, 2018.
If you have any questions about the role please use the contact details above.