A new beat ‘em up is in the works from MakinGames, a development studio made up of Killer Instinct vets.
Raging Justice is a new beat ‘em up game in development at independent studio MakinGames, which is comprised of Rare studio veterans.
It has a rather nostalgic, nineties-arcade vibe complete with 8bit sounds – only you won’t need to feed quarters into a machine to play it.
Raging Justice tasks players will brawling hordes of thugs, and at the end, you will need to decide whether to arrest or annihilate the ne’er-do-wells in a good cop/bad cop scenario. We vote for annihilation, but that’s just us.
Either way you choose to go about it, choices will have consequences resulting in a different ending to the game. Yeah, we still vote for annihilation.
Here’s a list of features:
- Arrest warrants – You have the option to either obliterate your foes or play the rules and arrest them. Being a good cop has its benefits it’s a healthier lifestyle which means…well, more health but in the heat of a brawl, violence can sometimes be the answer. You get more points playing bad cop but it’s a dog eat dog world so watch out that your mate doesn’t swipe the loot before you do.
- Combat – Kick, punch and stomp your way through levels of 2D carnage with Rick and Nikki’s distinctive fighting styles.
- Unique art style – Raging Justice has a distinctive art style reminiscent of classic arcade favorites brought to life with high definition 3D renders.
- Vehicles – Mow down your foes on four wheels by jumping aboard lawnmowers and tractors. Vehicles will make you untouchable but if their health hits zero be prepared for an explosive exit.
- Weapons – Gear up with a variety of weapons. Smash your way through a bar fight with a stool, hit a home run with a baseball bat or ruffle your foes feathers with a deadly pigeon.
- Leaderboard – Fight for the top spot on the global leaderboards. As the tension rises so can your score, use precision, timing and a tactical mind to secure your place among the best.
- Co-op multiplayer – Don’t battle through the streets alone, enlist a friend to help you in some multiplayer madness.
Raging Justice will be released this year on Mac, PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One.