The next new map for Overwatch has made its way to the Public Test Realm.
Blizzard World, which was announced during Blizzcon, is a hybrid assault/escort map set within an amusement park full of Blizzard iconography.
Blizzard World lifts elements from all of Blizzard’s current franchises – World of Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, Hearthstone – but it will also contain nods towards their older games, like The Lost Vikings (a series that remains overdue for a reboot, by the way). You can see them for yourself if you have the game on PC, by jumping into the PTR.
It’s been a big week for Overwatch – the game’s latest hero, Moira, was just released, and the game’s latest free weekend has just wrapped up. There’s a possibility of an influx of new players on the back of these tweaks and changes.
The standard procedure for Blizzard is to put these changes onto the PTR for a little while before fitting them into the full game, but we probably won’t have to wait long for Blizzard World now.
A few other tweaks have been made on the PTR too:
- An option to “Remove All A.I.” in the custom game lobby can be accessed by Right Click > Remove All Bots
- Fixed an issue that caused the arcade card for Limited Duel and Mystery Duel to not list all currently disabled characters
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain sound effects from playing when navigating the Options menu with a controller
- Fixed a visual bug that caused Ana’s Biotic Rifle ammo clip to detach when her Captain Amari skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to create performance drops when repeatedly used with no cooldown
- Fixed a bug that prevented Mei’s Cryo-freeze from clearing the healing debuff caused by Ana’s Biotic Grenade
- Fixed a visual bug with Moira’s Biotic Orb that sometimes caused Biotic Grasp’s healing spray effects to display instead
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira from being able to pass through enemies when using Fade
- Fixed a bug that caused Moira’s eyelashes to detach from her face during her Heroic highlight intro
- Fixed a visual issue with Moira’s Oasis skin that caused her knees to clip through her knee guards while crouched
- Fixed a bug that caused Reaper’s shotguns to animate incorrectly when discarded on the ground
- Fixed an issue that prevented highlights captured by Zenyatta players from recording correctly when the Cultist skin was equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused a performance drop when players shot at the gold coin piles in the last Defender spawn of Junkertown
We’ll let you know when Blizzard World is freely available for everyone.