The latest Zelda: Breath of the Wild patch fixed some bugs, and added a pretty unique feature to the game.
The feature simply allows those who read the newly-created Zelda channel on the Switch’s News page, to receive in-game items for their trouble.
The channel is called ‘Tips from the Wild’ and if you launch the game through it, you’ll get free items in the game. The channel opens up tomorrow, but Nintendo didn’t say what sort of free items we can expect.
It did say, though, that some items may not be obtainable depending on where you are in the game, as far as progress and location. Still, it’s a neat idea that other consoles would benefit from. It’d be great if other games on the Switch can use this, too.
Find the full list of notes below:
- We have fixed the issue in Pack 1: The Master Trials of the Expansion Pass, in which defeating certain enemies for Kilton was not counted toward completion when playing in Master Mode.
- In-game items can now be obtained from launching the software from certain articles distributed through a new News channel (“The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Tips from the Wild”) which can be accessed through News on the Home menu.
- This channel is expected to open on 8/9/2017.
- Depending on your game progress and location, certain items may not be obtainable.
- Various fixes to improve gameplay.